Windows 8 apps?

Dr. Impossible

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
Gang-
I keep reading various posts and articles and news items about Win 8 apps and the Windows 8 app count and the Windows 8 app Store. Where is it? I can't find it anywhere on the Web and yet people keep taking about apps they have seen in it. Am I losing it?

Help.

Thanks

-Doc

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
While you can get numbers from a variety of sources, you need to be running the Windows 8 RTM to see all of the current apps. I do run Windows 8 RTM and most apps I have found are x86, x64, and ARM compatible.

mparker

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Gang-
I keep reading various posts and articles and news items about Win 8 apps and the Windows 8 app count and the Windows 8 app Store. Where is it? I can't find it anywhere on the Web and yet people keep taking about apps they have seen in it. Am I losing it?

??? It's in Windows 8. There's an app called "Store". Click on it, and there you are.

Dr. Impossible

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
??? It's in Windows 8. There's an app called "Store". Click on it, and there you are.

I don't know why you had to give such a cutting answer.

The reason I asked is, I can access Windows Phone apps and Zune (well not anymore) apps outside of using the actual device or program, and since I keeping reading about 'this or that W8 app in the store' I thought there may be a way to view them or access the store outside of having windows 8 running.

Sorry to offend your delicate sensibilities with my idiocy.

Thanks

-Doc

MoggSquad

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
I don't know why you had to give such a cutting answer.

The reason I asked is, I can access Windows Phone apps and Zune (well not anymore) apps outside of using the actual device or program, and since I keeping reading about 'this or that W8 app in the store' I thought there may be a way to view them or access the store outside of having windows 8 running.

Sorry to offend your delicate sensibilities with my idiocy.

Thanks

-Doc
It looks like apps.microsoft.com will go live eventually, but this what it will look like:

Mail, Calendar, People, and Messaging app for Windows in the Windows Store Preview

Music app for Windows in the Windows Store Preview

mparker

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
That is only true if you are running the Windows 8 RTM. The release preview and consumer preview have been locked out of seeing new apps going live for quite some time.

I didn't know that. I've been running RTM since it was released.

Not completely sure why they don't have the app store available on the web; I'm assuming they don't want people to notice how barren it is.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12