It is here

DanSmithKY

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
@nuprotocol I haven't noticed much lag, but there is a little. I don't think it is enough to whine about. I did also have the music app crash on me once, but Windows as a whole was fine.

So far I am fairly impressed. The build quality seems to be a good bit above average. That hinge does sound and feel good when you're opening it. Very solid, but a little less so upon closing. The screen is pretty nice, even with the "low" resolution. The contrast is pretty good and the colors look great. The audio from the speakers isn't fantastic, but it's not bad, either. I really like the feel of the haptic feedback when pressing the capacitive Windows button, but it might just be that I have a 900 and I hate the haptic feedback on it.

All in all, while I am interested in some of the Windows 8 Pro devices coming out, this device has reinforced my decision to wait until the Surface Pro is out to make my Windows 8 tablet purchase decision.

Tomerunlocks

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
@nuprotocol I haven't noticed much lag, but there is a little. I don't think it is enough to whine about. I did also have the music app crash on me once, but Windows as a whole was fine.

So far I am fairly impressed. The build quality seems to be a good bit above average. That hinge does sound and feel good when you're opening it. Very solid, but a little less so upon closing. The screen is pretty nice, even with the "low" resolution. The contrast is pretty good and the colors look great. The audio from the speakers isn't fantastic, but it's not bad, either. I really like the feel of the haptic feedback when pressing the capacitive Windows button, but it might just be that I have a 900 and I hate the haptic feedback on it.

All in all, while I am interested in some of the Windows 8 Pro devices coming out, this device has reinforced my decision to wait until the Surface Pro is out to make my Windows 8 tablet purchase decision.

I will probably end up buying the Pro as well if it's my price range, which I think it is. No more then 1200 for sure.
Still waiting on my tracking though :( Getting excited but anxious at the same time. This sucks haha.

Glad you're enjoying it and glad to hear the news that the build quality is good.

nuprotocol

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site

So that means your returning it?

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site

Okay, when you click the keyboard on... Does it make that famous click noise?!?!?!

I think the RT will last me till the Pro comes out when i will probably upgrade to that and give my RT to my sister or something.

DanSmithKY

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
@nuprotocol I bought it for someone else, so I better not! ;) If you don't need traditional windows app support and you know that the apps are a work in progress, i do think that it is worth it.

@berty6294 The keyboard is everything MS said it was. It definitely has a satisfying and accurate click when it is attached. I forgot to mention that I was surprised at how well the touch keyboard worked, both in rejecting and accepting key presses appropriately, as well as trackpad functionality. As a disclaimer, I hate trackpads, and I am only saying that the touch trackpad seems to work about as well as an average laptop's trackpad.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99