It is here

DanSmithKY

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
I know a lot of people seem to take issue with MS' approach to informing the public about RT's limitations, but this is on the back of the box of the Surface that just arrived. There isn't much else there, so people should take notice.

rebornempowered

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
I know a lot of people seem to take issue with MS' approach to informing the public about RT's limitations, but this is on the back of the box of the Surface that just arrived. There isn't much else there, so people should take notice.
I would assume this is the same box the reviewers got.

Seriously, what a bunch of twits.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
you are the first consumer in the world to get it! IT IS YOUR DUTY TO POST AN UNBOXING VIDEO! THIS IS YOUR CALLING, YOU ARE THE CHOSEN ONE. PLEASE DONT LET US DOWN!

srmiller82

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
i know a lot of people seem to take issue with ms' approach to informing the public about rt's limitations, but this is on the back of the box of the surface that just arrived. There isn't much else there, so people should take notice.
how the eff did you get a surface already! Wtf! Fml

gudnuf4u

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site

Mine comes tomorrow..and I like to say....I'm jealous

KLinCHI

May 10, 2012
Visit site
You just received your Surface and you only posted 1 pic of the back of the box?!?! What's wrong with you man?! Give us pics of the unboxing, stat! :D

DanSmithKY

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Sorry, I didn't do a vid, but I'll upload some pics. I don't know how I got mine earlier than most; it came from PA. Perhaps it is due to the fact that UPS' World Hub is here in Louisville.

@tomer987 It is a preview right now, but if you go to the online FAQ linked via the Office apps, once the final version is out it will be downloaded automatically. Edit: Oh, I see what you mean. The problem is that some people don't think that MS is informing the public about the fact that RT can't run legacy Windows apps.

Also, if it's any consolation for you guys waiting, this Surface isn't for me. I got it as an early Christmas present for the gf. I'm waiting for the pro, as I need x86 app and stylus support, among other things.

Also, sorry for the quality, and quantity of the pics. There were more, but they are no good. I had the Lumia camera settings on pre-update mode, so the ISO and exposure are off, etc. I changed the settings and will do better when I get my Pro. ;)

Tomerunlocks

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
DAMN YOU.
So wait, you're telling me we'll get the full version once it's out? How come they told me once the full version is out, i'd have to upgrade? Or something alone those lines. That was this morning during live chat.

fwaits

Mar 9, 2008
Visit site
DAMN YOU.
So wait, you're telling me we'll get the full version once it's out? How come they told me once the full version is out, i'd have to upgrade? Or something alone those lines. That was this morning during live chat.

Office 2013 that comes on the Surface RT is not a final build, that is what you will get the upgrade for when it is finalized. Windows RT is final on the device.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Sorry, I didn't do a vid, but I'll upload some pics. I don't know how I got mine earlier than most; it came from PA. Perhaps it is due to the fact that UPS' World Hub is here in Louisville.

@tomer987 It is a preview right now, but if you go to the online FAQ linked via the Office apps, once the final version is out it will be downloaded automatically. Edit: Oh, I see what you mean. The problem is that some people don't think that MS is informing the public about the fact that RT can't run legacy Windows apps.

Also, if it's any consolation for you guys waiting, this Surface isn't for me. I got it as an early Christmas present for the gf. I'm waiting for the pro, as I need x86 app and stylus support, among other things.

Also, sorry for the quality, and quantity of the pics. There were more, but they are no good. I had the Lumia camera settings on pre-update mode, so the ISO and exposure are off, etc. I changed the settings and will do better when I get my Pro. ;)
oooo magenta! very pretty! :giggle:

im excited to get mine! Even if i leave for school at 7:30am and then go straight to work from 12:00pm till 11:00 pm. I'll just be happy to know my surface is waiting for me at home! :)

I always text my mom every 5 min when im waiting for a package and she'll reply "Its not here, its not here" ill be like "MOM FEDEX SAYS ITS THERE STOP LYING TO ME!"

definitely the most exciting purchase I've ever had!

rick717

May 10, 2012
Visit site
And this is why I have changed my mind about buying a Surface, no apps. There really should be some way to find what all apps it will run. For the price they're asking for it, that's the least MS could do. I hate Apple and don't want the glitches of Android, but I need a new tablet. But, it looks like it's going to be an iPad for me. I was hoping for the Surface, but with all the sites (especially the ones I need) going for iPad and Android, I guess I have no choice. And if Nokia doesn't wise up and make some changes to the Lumia line, I'll probably have to go to iPhone as well. And I really don't want to do that. Best phone I've ever had, and I've had a lot, is a Blackberry Bold. But I don't think Blackberry is going to make it, they've just waited to long. So, I'll probably end up swallowing done the bile and get an iPhone and iPad. It's just a shame.

cluberti

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Something like 93% of the apps in the store today run on RT devices - given there are a fair number of "apps" that are redirects to vendors' desktop apps sites, it's likely pretty close to a 1:1 ratio. Perhaps you might create a list, and then ask the folks who have their RT devices (/jealous) what of those apps are available in the store for RT devices?

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Okay, got it. Thanks for the clarification.

As Office 2013 has gone RTM ahead of schedule, the OTA update of the RT version will probably happen sooner than later. The x86/x64 versions of Office 2013 are already available to TechNet subscribers - just installed it on one of my machines today.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven