Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

I was just checking the status when the doorbell rang. It's the FedEx guy. He says I'm the second guy grinning from ear to ear. :)

The packaging is awesome!! I'm just now getting it connected to my wireless network.

Merry Christmas!!

haha you lucky lucky SOB! I am waiting for mine then I gotta grab it and rush into the office. Working from home is great except when you have a conference call at 11am and it's already 9:20!
    Quote Originally Posted by jwckauman View Post
    I was just checking the status when the doorbell rang. It's the FedEx guy. He says I'm the second guy grinning from ear to ear. :)

The packaging is awesome!! I'm just now getting it connected to my wireless network.

Merry Christmas!!
    I'm so jealous! I'm only going to be home for an hour before I go to work until 11:00pm so I already told myself that if its there, I will open it and hold it but will NOT turn it on until I get home that night!

Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jwckauman View Post

Merry Christmas!!
    LMAO...I was literally reading your post and my doorbell rang...whoohooo Xmas in October! My Surface has arrived!:D
    that's it! Screw you guys, im walking out of class! I cant wait any longer, im going home to see my baby!!!!!

Global Posts
    2,259 Global Posts
    Having mine delivered to the office and its, "out for delivery". So it might beat me in today.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express Pro
    Nokia Lumia 900 - OS: 7.10.8112.7 - Firmware: 2175.1002.8112.12084
    HTC Surround - OS: 7.10.8107.79 - Firmware: 2250.21.40500.502

Global Posts
    3,204 Global Posts
    Give as much reviews as possible guys! Since upgrading to Windows 8, I have noticed that most of the issues I had with the release preview are cleaned up. This gives me a lot of hope for the RT version of Windows. I want to hear how you feel about the hardware. I know I can try it out at the Microsoft Store but a review from someone who has used it for a few hours/days would help a lot.
    My status doesn't even say out for delivery Every time I hear an engine my head perks up, eerily similar to my dog...

Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Congrats! I hope surface succeeds more than we can all imagine.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Congrats.. I'm jelly.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

Just got mine a couple of minuets ago.To bad my touch cover doesn't work.

Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Maishogg View Post
    What? How does it not work.

jsut got mine but had it delivered to work, so can't really play with it till i get home. Oh well at least i still got it

Quote Originally Posted by tomer987 View Post
    What? How does it not work.
    It doesn't do anything? lol. Key inputs don't work.

Got mine before work took it with, ITS FREAKNG SWEEET, TOUCH COVER WORKS AWESOME AND HAS A SOFT BACK LIKE FELT.

P.S. my shipping siad i wouldnt get it till 29th but it came this morning microsoft pulled through.

I reach office and the package is waiting for me at my desk !!!! :D

Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Maishogg View Post
    I thought the same thing...mine wasn't working at all, seemed dead. But, after about 15 connect/disconnects it started working fine. I think I was being to gentle with attaching it and found that if I just let it really snap in it works fine. In fact, I'm writing this post with it :)

Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Will someone that has received their RT try and visit a site that uses Silverlight with the desktop version of IE?

Global Posts
    186 Global Posts
    Yes I second that can someone report back and tell us if desktop IE has plugin options.

Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    i got mine delivered too, but at work!! But, at least I know it's waiting for when I get home tonight!! weeeeee!!! =)

I was lucky to get my surface on Thursday. I'm actually using it to submit this.
    This is amazing. But if you want to know where is comes short, here are the cons:

Soft speakers. Yet too soft. It works fine for one person in a quiet room, bit don't expect to entertain anyone. It is considerably softer than my moms original iPad.

Grainy screen. Yes the ppi is 147. TEXT looks fine but the graphics is a bit grainy. Not a deal breaker but noticeable. It does look better than moms iPad. I think that is 137 ppi.

The worst: under powered cpu. This is a gorgeous platform for tablet os. Love it. But you defiantly feel the cpu being pushed to the limit. Forget 1080p playback. 720p also plays in slightly lower frame rate. It is noticeable. My titan 1 phone plays videos smoother then surface. You notice long app launch times.

If the cpu is enhanced, makes a huge difference, even in ui and user experience. I will be looking at other RT tablets out there.

Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    ^ thanks for the review. Not sure why ms decided to use an underpowered CPU for its flagship tablet. I have a feeling that rt will be no more in a couple of years (a la wp7) and leaving only windows 8 sp2.

Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    The poor cpu is what made me want to hold off on the Surface. I mean i want a device that can chug along with no issues and no worries about lag or shortage of power (Gotta mention the iPad 4 and iPhone 5 sadly) where you get to the point where you dont care what cpu it runs, you know performance is a non issue.

Ill hold off to see if there will be a Snapdragon S4 Pro tablet released soon. Maybe Nokia?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus