Problem updating apps! Now they're missing!

runamuck83

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
so, I got my shiny new Surface RT - fired it up. All good...

It said I needed to do 15 updates to the stock apps. Ok, fine...

So, it froze on 3 of them, and now they're freaking missing and I can't get them back!

The News, People, and Photos app - all gone!

What do I do?

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Have you tried going into the store, bringing up the app bar and going to the My Apps section? Should be able to reinstall from there.

runamuck83

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried going into the store, bringing up the app bar and going to the My Apps section? Should be able to reinstall from there.
Yes, I tried that. When I search for it it says "You own this app" like it thinks it's already installed, yet I can't find it anywhere on the system. It's like it's stuck in limbo.

I was only about 10 mins into using it so a total reset doesn't lose too much - but hopefully this doesn't happen again.

runamuck83

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Yes, I tried that. When I search for it it says "You own this app" like it thinks it's already installed, yet I can't find it anywhere on the system. It's like it's stuck in limbo.

I was only about 10 mins into using it so a total reset doesn't lose too much - but hopefully this doesn't happen again.

VagrantWade

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site

It's because the Windows store is getting hammered. I had the same problem with the Windows store on my PCs despite not having it at all for the past few months. The app downloads were also slow.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12