Is there a way to set aicture as your start screen background?

Daniel0418

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I know hot to set a new lock screen photo. I know how to change my account picture. I also know you can choose between the 15 or so given images for the metro start screen background. But can I put my own picture as the metro start screen background behind my live tiles and apps? I want something colorful there.

fwaits

Mar 9, 2008
Visit site
Not at this time. The same goes for Windows Phone. I think they felt a custom image behind a screen full of tiles would look crazy busy so opted to restrict it to a color palette with specific patterns to keep it semi clean.

erasure25

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I actually prefer to have multiple tiles that create a larger picture... there are a number of apps in WP7 that can do it easily... hoping there's a similar RT app.

vp710

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site
Not at this time. The same goes for Windows Phone. I think they felt a custom image behind a screen full of tiles would look crazy busy so opted to restrict it to a color palette with specific patterns to keep it semi clean.

Exactly. FWIW, I'm rocking the blank background. With all the info and colors the live tiles are displaying, most custom background images would look too busy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss