Surface RT: Performance Issues?

ZombieBacchus

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Anyone experiencing any performance issues with their Surface? I am having a couple but cant figure out if they are the games or the system. Most everything runs fast and fluid except for 2 games so far:

Jetpack Joyride
Hydro Thunder

Both of these games run at low frame rates on my Surface. Especially Hydro Thunder. If I configure the options in Hydro Thunder to low textures the game runs fine but I think the Tegra 3 should run this game T default settings without any issue. My 5 year old Dell m1530 laptop runs both games flawlessly with Windows 8 Pro installed.

Anyone seeing anything like this? I even tried having no programs running in the background. Nothing seems to help.

Thanks!

VagrantWade

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
I think it's the games themselves are not optimized to run well on it. Even cut the rope has problems and it can be ran on a toaster. I expect to see a lot of game patches.

badMojo69

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Yea, Microsoft needs to get with the quality control on apps and not let garbage make it into the system just to increase numbers.

Having said that my games run fine.

crystal_planet

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
I think it's the games themselves are not optimized to run well on it. Even cut the rope has problems and it can be ran on a toaster. I expect to see a lot of game patches.

Totally agree. I think the same can be said about the system itself as well. I can see quite a few adjustments coming to RT in the coming months.

Skaughtto

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
The Surface did get slow when I had a bunch of apps open in the background. After I figured out how to close them, by dragging from the top of the screen to the bottom, things got better. Pinball FX2 would run really sluggish in portrait mode, after I closed some apps it got a lot better, but sometimes it still doesn't feel as responsive as it should be.

I'm sure there are going to be some performance tweaks for RT. I thought about disabling some live tiles... but it's a bit of a let down for a new device full of Xbox branding.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99