Felt on the back of type cover

mapexvenus

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
I am loving the type cover, but I am worried that the felt on the back of the keyboard will start to fray and look really tacky. Anyone else think the same?

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Besides the fact that I could type just fine on the touch cover, the back was one reason I stayed away from the type cover. I thought the felt looked ugly to begin with, and I could see it getting a lot worse over time.

mapexvenus

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
The black touch has a different back than the colored ones? I just noticed a totally different back on the type cover display at the store than the cyan touch cover.

I didn't know that either. I bought a red touch cover and it does not have a felt back. I really hope that the felt holds up.

NickA

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
I feel the same way about the felt back. There was a thread started on gripes and that was my only one. I wish I had a cover for the cover. Maybe they didn't give it a hard back because they don't want the risk of scratching the back of the tablet, but the back of the tablet is surly more durable then the felt.

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
It may look like and feel like felt but I expect it is actually a synthetic composite. Personally, I am not too worried about it. I need to remember to keep it touch cover side down at home though since my cat seems to be fascinated by it. If it leave the felt-ish side up she pats it with a paw or tries laying on it.

wpguy

Aug 16, 2012
Visit site
It may look like and feel like felt but I expect it is actually a synthetic composite. Personally, I am not too worried about it. I need to remember to keep it touch cover side down at home though since my cat seems to be fascinated by it. If it leave the felt-ish side up she pats it with a paw or tries laying on it.

You've got a keyboard cat of your own!

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
My black touch cover is clean and hasn't any tear or wear marks. Even the one that got ran over by multiple cars and thrown around in 60mph traffic withstood it!

NickA

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
Well, as long as this thread came back to life I may as well add to it. I've had my Surface since release day, and my Touch cover is still like new. It has been retired though (or for sale I guess) since I picked up the Type cover a few weeks ago.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3