Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Global Posts
    3,206 Global Posts
    Is there a minimum sd card class type needed for proper 720 and 1080 video play back? Also, what is the maximum card size allowed?

Quote Originally Posted by mase123987 View Post
    Is there a minimum sd card class type needed for proper 720 and 1080 video play back? Also, what is the maximum card size allowed?
    Why mimium, get the maximum you can buy.

Amazon.com: SanDisk Ultra 64 GB microSDXC Class 10 UHS-1 Memory Card 30MB/s with Adapter SDSDQUA-064G-U46A: Computers & Accessories

Global Posts
    933 Global Posts
    The slot is MicroSDXC so the maximum is currently 64 GB but that is because 64 GB is the largest available at the moment. A MicroSDXC slot can take larger capacities if and/or when they become available. If I remember correctly though, larger capacities require the card to formatted as exFAT. I can't say what speed is best but I generally go with Class 10 cards as a general rule. BTW, if you want to up the performance a bit, you can go to the disk in device manager (same as any other version of windows) call up the device properties and switch the drive policies to optimize for performance instead of quick disk removal.
    Developer

This is exactly the card I order 4 hours ago.

Global Posts
    3,206 Global Posts
    I said minimum because if I can get a video to play back just as well with a cheaper (lower class) card, why spend more money? On my laptop, I have SSDs because it runs the whole OS, etc.