Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Simple question... will we see it released for RT?

If so, I won't need anything but my Surface on all my business trips ever
    again

Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    +1,000,000

Yeah I need Cisco von also, I think if you know the passphrase that is in the pcf it should work

Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by runamuck83 View Post
    Simple question... will we see it released for RT?

If so, I won't need anything but my Surface on all my business trips ever
    again
    Probably never. I don't know if RT has the networking components and services needed to support VPN connectivity. You will definitely be able to use this client on Surface Pro.

That would certainly be nice. Need that to connect to the office...in fact I just needed it earlier today. Had to go load it on my desktop instead.

It would be very stupid of them not to allow support for this on RT!

Of course it'll work on Pro, but I don't feel like spending a thousand bucks on a tablet, which is why I got RT.

Seriously, Apple iOS and Android supports this... Microsoft needs to get on it

Global Posts
    1,411 Global Posts
    I am also waiting. Need it for work.

Quote Originally Posted by inteller View Post
    Please, shut up. Windows RT is the same as Windows 8 under the hood. The same networking stack is there.
    That's reassuring. I'm actually going to poke around a little on the desktop side and see if I can setup a PPTP VPN connection.

That might tide me over until official Anyconnect app is released.

In case anyone is wondering, you can indeed setup a PPTP or L2TP IPsec VPN tunnel by going to the network settings in control panel on the Desktop side.

This isn't a permanent solution for me, but should get me by until an official Cisco AnyConnect client is released for Windows RT.

Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Try downloading anyconnect version 3.1. Worked for one of my co-workers but he is using pro...

It's already possible, I've connected to my home PC using my own VPN from work using the old style desktop side Internet Explorer within Windows 8 RT on the surface. Very easy to do.

Global Posts
    1,411 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by theseusperse View Post
    It's already possible, I've connected to my home PC using my own VPN from work using the old style desktop side Internet Explorer within Windows 8 RT on the surface. Very easy to do.
    That's not Cisco AnyConnect.
    bforster likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by theseusperse View Post
    How? Once I can von into Citrix I will be so satisfied with this device.

Quote Originally Posted by vagrantwade View Post
    That's not Cisco AnyConnect.

No but it uses Cisco.
    For an alternative solution, ask your network administrator to look into replacing/supplementing AnyConnect with L2TP/IPsec.

I do expect there to be a WinRT app at some point, but Cisco is so slow to adopt new OS releases, so I expect it will be a while.

Global Posts
    1,411 Global Posts
    In the meantime I just installed teamviewer on my work computer. I'll just use it until/if they find out.

Teamviewer. does that work well? I have logmein but everytime I click on the screen it flashes the screen and take like 2 to 3 sec to come back.. This is on EVERY Click so no good for working on it.

I so need cisco vpn as well. I hate that they didn't get this working out the gate.. So I have to drag my dumb Ipad around till then. :(

Global Posts
    1,065 Global Posts
    FWIW, there is Citrix receiver preview available in the store. VPN functionality is also certainly built into the OS. If you have a need for something you should probably press the developer instead of just posting here. You will get a faster response if you get it on their radar....
    Last edited by swyost; 10-28-2012 at 11:47 PM.

Global Posts
    1,411 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bforster View Post
    Teamviewer. does that work well? I have logmein but everytime I click on the screen it flashes the screen and take like 2 to 3 sec to come back.. This is on EVERY Click so no good for working on it.

I so need cisco vpn as well. I hate that they didn't get this working out the gate.. So I have to drag my dumb Ipad around till then. :(
    I prefer teamviewer over LogMeIn personally. Works much better and I don't have to log in on the desktop apps to use it.

Teamviewer. does that work well?
    LogMeIn is terrible, I'll never know why people use it. Teamviewer as others have said is a much better option. I've never had any issues with it.

I have had no issues with logmein till now. How are you using teamviewer? you can't install the client and the web ver. doesnt allow you to run on the RT???

Global Posts
    1,411 Global Posts
    I have had no issues with logmein till now. How are you using teamviewer? you can't install the client and the web ver. doesnt allow you to run on the RT???
    There is a TeamViewer app in the Windows store that works on ARM.
    bforster likes this.

O holy **** I didn't know about this. I have heard of teamview but never tried it. I am installing it now. This could save my A**. Thanks for the help. Hope it does everything I need.
    Cheers!

Edit-- okay it's working but only issue I have is the function keys (F1 through F12), They wont work when in this app. I can't do the ctr alt del since it will do this to my computer witch is logging into another server on VNC. man hitting yet another wall.

All I need is the F8 key to log in.
    Last edited by bforster; 10-29-2012 at 12:58 AM.

Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by runamuck83 View Post
    That's reassuring. I'm actually going to poke around a little on the desktop side and see if I can setup a PPTP VPN connection.

That might tide me over until official Anyconnect app is released.
    @Ruckamuck were you able to get connected to a Cisco AnyConnect Server by manually configuring the Windows RT VPN settings? If so, could you share what protocols you and authentication methods you selected?

Global Posts
    1,411 Global Posts
    O holy **** I didn't know about this. I have heard of teamview but never tried it. I am installing it now. This could save my A**. Thanks for the help. Hope it does everything I need.
    Cheers!

Edit-- okay it's working but only issue I have is the function keys (F1 through F12), They wont work when in this app. I can't do the ctr alt del since it will do this to my computer witch is logging into another server on VNC. man hitting yet another wall.

All I need is the F8 key to log in.
    You're doing it wrong. While in TeamViewer you right click or swipe up to bring up the bottom menu which lets you send CTRL+ALT+Delete.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast