Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

Global Posts
    1,411 Global Posts
    Easylist + fanboy tracking lists.

Fastest browsing experience I have had on a mobile device. And I hope you weren't comparing load times to a mobility page without flash and Java on iOS...
    gilezzz likes this.

Global Posts
    487 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vagrantwade View Post
    Easylist + fanboy tracking lists.

Fastest browsing experience I have had on a mobile device. And I hope you weren't comparing load times to a mobility page without flash and Java on iOS...
    How do you use Easylist in IE 10 on the RT? Am I missing something? I use Adblock on my desktop browser, but I don't see any way to use it on the Surface.

Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gravage View Post
    How do you use Easylist in IE 10 on the RT? Am I missing something? I use Adblock on my desktop browser, but I don't see any way to use it on the Surface.
    Open up desktop IE > settings > manage add-ons > tracking protection > get a tracking protection list online

Get the ones you want (I like abine, easy and fanboy).

Global Posts
    487 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HooDooMagic View Post
    Open up desktop IE > settings > manage add-ons > tracking protection > get a tracking protection list online

Badass. And these settings trickle over to the IE 10 browser?

Global Posts
    289 Global Posts

Made a huge difference for me. Even on this site. Thanks man!

Global Posts
    289 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gravage View Post
    Badass. And these settings trickle over to the IE 10 browser?
    It must transfer over or it's a jedi mind trick thing because all of the sudden after doing it, the browsing is significantly faster.

PIN
    No

Amazing!! Thanks for that! Websites fly now
    Developer

It improves the speed a lot. Thank you.

Global Posts
    289 Global Posts
    Should be sticky'd IMO

Global Posts
    2,408 Global Posts
    I had an IE update waiting for me today...Verge loaded no problem...Engadget got caught on something still though. Homepage only.

Global Posts
    1,411 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by derek533 View Post
    Should be sticky'd IMO
    Pretty sure there was already a thread about how to add tracking sites. This isn't even new to IE10. You have been able to do this in IE9 also.

I find that most sites are faster than my iPad 3 but some pages just have issues such as theverge.com . Which is why its slower, the website devs need to update their sites for Windows 8.

Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    I'm having the lag issues on Engadget as well. I know it is something specific to their site though. As soon as the script error comes up, and I click to stop the script, the site works perfectly. They really just have too much going on. The site wasn't that great on a desktop computer either.

For those of you adding the Fanboy's TPL list in IE, you an add it in the Metro browser as well. You don't have to be in the desktop version. The list does transfer between the browsers.

Quote Originally Posted by nesl2471 View Post
    I'm having the lag issues on Engadget as well. I know it is something specific to their site though. As soon as the script error comes up, and I click to stop the script, the site works perfectly. They really just have too much going on. The site wasn't that great on a desktop computer either.

For those of you adding the Fanboy's TPL list in IE, you an add it in the Metro browser as well. You don't have to be in the desktop version. The list does transfer between the browsers.
    Typo? I don't see where you could add it in IE Metro...

Global Posts
    195 Global Posts
    Can anyone get Cnet.com to load? The UK site loads fine but I have not been able to get the .com site to work on my Surface since purchase.

Edit: very odd I can get it to load via a Google Google search and then get to the home page. But typing the URL won't get me there.

Global Posts
    2,516 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EugB View Post
    I think he means once you add it via desktop IE, then the changes are in Metro IE. So you don't have to use desktop IE to take advantage of the blockers.

Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EugB View Post
    Just go here Fanboy Adblock Homepage and click add tpl... Works right inside metro ie.

Global Posts
    195 Global Posts
    Engadget has been through a redesign and now loads perfectly and very quickly on my Surface.

Try with flash disabled. IOS and Android don't support it, so sites that use it will be comparatively slower on the Surface.

Global Posts
    1,417 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by derek533 View Post
    It must transfer over or it's a jedi mind trick thing because all of the sudden after doing it, the browsing is significantly faster.
    Yep, same for me!

PM me for more details
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12