IE 10 Slow page load times

gravage

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
Here is a tip. You dont need to use IE to read engadget, the verge, etc.

Go to your news app. swipe down, choose source, then click on engadget in the technology section. now swipe up and pin to start. It works very well and loads quite fast

That's not the point of this post. I use Pulse.me to read all of my news.

The point is that web page loading performance is not what I was expecting based on the hype around IE 10. ****, it's not even up to par with some current offerings.

I really like my Surface, but this is something that needs to be addressed. With fewer apps to choose from, the browser HAS to be good, as that's our only portal to some services.

FragProvider

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Yes, it's slow

Using RT, so no ad blocker. Engadget loads very slowly. I think it may be ads, but cannot confirm. What I have observed is that the first screen full of content loads, then the sidebar, then their silly JavaScript tagging sidebar, then maybe the banner ad. At this point IE locks up. Sometimes I will get a prompt to stop a long running JavaScript. Once it crashed IE. Their site will be removed from my favorites for this. I tried The Verge and it loaded in about 5 seconds. Autoblog loads even quicker. Even CNet, with all the crap on their site, loaded in 9 seconds.

Last edited:

Blackjack55345

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
You could add the ****** adblock tpl to ie10. I found mine was slow loading sites till I did this. The search results may say ie9 TPL but they work just fine in 10. Hope that helps.
F

This helped me out. No more ads! Speeds everything up a little bit. The browser is still a little slow, and crashes once in a while. It is decent though.

neova333

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
I get an error on engadget about a script that's taking too long to load, but that's the only problem I've encountered so far.

Overall IE10 feels like it outperforms Chrome on my Samsung GTab 10.1 running android 4.1.1

Wyn6

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
Yeah. There's a Java Script that hangs too long on Engadget. The Verge and other sites load up quite quickly for me.

@FragProvider FYI, you can use ****** adblock and other TPLs. You have to set them in IE desktop through Manage add-ons. Scroll down to Tracking Protection and just add them.

VagrantWade

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
Easylist + ****** tracking lists.

Fastest browsing experience I have had on a mobile device. And I hope you weren't comparing load times to a mobility page without flash and Java on iOS...

gravage

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
Easylist + ****** tracking lists.

Fastest browsing experience I have had on a mobile device. And I hope you weren't comparing load times to a mobility page without flash and Java on iOS...

How do you use Easylist in IE 10 on the RT? Am I missing something? I use Adblock on my desktop browser, but I don't see any way to use it on the Surface.

neova333

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
How do you use Easylist in IE 10 on the RT? Am I missing something? I use Adblock on my desktop browser, but I don't see any way to use it on the Surface.

Open up desktop IE > settings > manage add-ons > tracking protection > get a tracking protection list online

Get the ones you want (I like abine, easy and ******).

DougB541#CB

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
I had an IE update waiting for me today...Verge loaded no problem...Engadget got caught on something still though. Homepage only.

btdvox

Jan 21, 2008
Visit site
I find that most sites are faster than my iPad 3 but some pages just have issues such as theverge.com . Which is why its slower, the website devs need to update their sites for Windows 8.

nesl247

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
I'm having the lag issues on Engadget as well. I know it is something specific to their site though. As soon as the script error comes up, and I click to stop the script, the site works perfectly. They really just have too much going on. The site wasn't that great on a desktop computer either.

For those of you adding the ******'s TPL list in IE, you an add it in the Metro browser as well. You don't have to be in the desktop version. The list does transfer between the browsers.

EugB

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm having the lag issues on Engadget as well. I know it is something specific to their site though. As soon as the script error comes up, and I click to stop the script, the site works perfectly. They really just have too much going on. The site wasn't that great on a desktop computer either.

For those of you adding the ******'s TPL list in IE, you an add it in the Metro browser as well. You don't have to be in the desktop version. The list does transfer between the browsers.

Typo? I don't see where you could add it in IE Metro...

Digital Moe

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Can anyone get Cnet.com to load? The UK site loads fine but I have not been able to get the .com site to work on my Surface since purchase.

Edit: very odd I can get it to load via a Google Google search and then get to the home page. But typing the URL won't get me there.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3