Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Developer

Do you know any good app that can read epub file that I store on my memory card?
    Thanked by:

I tried a few and Freda is the one I haven't uninstalled yet

Waiting for the nook app
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    591 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by illidanx View Post
    Do you know any good app that can read epub file that I store on my memory card?
    I just downloaded Freda. It seems decent so far.

I got hooked on BookViser because it can read/download epub books from my Dropbox. Freda can too but I chose to stick with BookViser since my paid version of Freda + somehow VANISHED and they won't fix it.
    Developer

Quote Originally Posted by jonldevries View Post
    I tried a few and Freda is the one I haven't uninstalled yet

Waiting for the nook app
    Quote Originally Posted by mister2d View Post
    I just downloaded Freda. It seems decent so far.
    Quote Originally Posted by Techblogger View Post
    I got hooked on BookViser because it can read/download epub books from my Dropbox. Freda can too but I chose to stick with BookViser since my paid version of Freda + somehow VANISHED and they won't fix it.
    Thank you all guys.

Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    Freda has some formatting issues to sort out still, a few of my epubs just look horrible with every word appearing to be double spaced. From the ones I've tried the best one so far is Overlook. It has no options to speak of, and you have to open epub's directly from skydrive or the file explorer, but so far everything I've opened has been formatted correctly.

Global Posts
    8,086 Global Posts
    Except this is about the Windows RT / Windows 8 version.

Freda has major issues still, but it's the best there is so far.

Global Posts
    1,045 Global Posts
    Do any of these have a night read option? (white characters/black page)
    My next phone...
    Developer

Quote Originally Posted by crystal_planet View Post
    Do any of these have a night read option? (white characters/black page)
    Freda does.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    490 Global Posts
    Thanks for the tips guys... couldn't find bookviser though. I hope Microsoft adds epub to its reader app eventually because they need a good ibooks replacement

paid version of Freda + somehow VANISHED and they won't fix it.
    Did you contact me already for help with that issue? Anyhow, do email support@turnipsoft.co.uk, and I'll see what I can do.

BTW, as far as I am aware, Bookviser doesn't support DropBox, only SkyDrive. Or is there a recent update that I maybe haven't seen yet?
    xandros9 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Chapman View Post
    Did you contact me already for help with that issue? Anyhow, do email support@turnipsoft.co.uk, and I'll see what I can do.

BTW, as far as I am aware, Bookviser doesn't support DropBox, only SkyDrive. Or is there a recent update that I maybe haven't seen yet?
    Correct. It IS Skydrive. I tried to get help with it but when I got no response I dropped it and decided that was my last purchase with Freda.

I would love to have Aldiko on Windows RT. Of all the ebook readers on the various platforms, I really liked Aldiko - plus I downloaded a plugin to sync the books to my dropbox.

when I got no response I dropped it
    As far as I can see, I never received a support request from you (indeed I never received any support request for 'paid version vanishing'). Where did you go for help?

Global Posts
    490 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mojook View Post
    I would love to have Aldiko on Windows RT. Of all the ebook readers on the various platforms, I really liked Aldiko - plus I downloaded a plugin to sync the books to my dropbox.
    Aldiko is great! It would be awesome to see it here. I also really like moon reader a lot!

Well, I too have been feverishly looking for an ePub reader that supports internal hyperlinks and highlighting. I finally found one tonight.
    It is called Fiction Reader and can be found in the Microsoft Store. It does cost a couple bucs, but can be downloaded as a trial with full functionality. So far, it works without hiccup and I can navigate easily. Give it a try.
    Justin

Global Posts
    490 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Goss View Post
    Well, I too have been feverishly looking for an ePub reader that supports internal hyperlinks and highlighting. I finally found one tonight.
    It is called Fiction Reader and can be found in the Microsoft Store. It does cost a couple bucs, but can be downloaded as a trial with full functionality. So far, it works without hiccup and I can navigate easily. Give it a try.
    Justin
    yeah I bought this one and it is definetly the closest to working the best. Just needs notes added, and some bug fixes that are really annoying, like if you click on a link while in the book and then go back to the same spot where you left off all of a sudden it changes the format, like the same writing before the link is on the right side of the page and the pictures are in different areas. It is very close to being the one I use.

I also really like book because highlighting is much easier and it has notes but you can't rearrange the format of the page like margins. So again very close but not quite there. I think unfortunately this is just going to be a waiting game. I think within a month or two we will get the bugs fixed and will have some really good choices for readers.

I'm using Books HD, great layout, not sure if it has highlighting but the UI and text rendering are top notch.

Freda here is not working... I tried to open one ePub and the dots on the black screen keep spinning and nothing happens!
    --Nokia Lumia 1520 BLACK 96GB--
    Apple iPad Air 16GB Balck
    Surface PRO 3 i5/8GB/256GB

Global Posts
    845 Global Posts
    The ebook reading software situation for WindowsRT is pretty sad. The only one that I found tolerable is "Book Bazaar Reader".

Quote Originally Posted by WillysJeepMan View Post
    The ebook reading software situation for WindowsRT is pretty sad. The only one that I found tolerable is "Book Bazaar Reader".
    True. Book Bazaar Reader is the best available as of now.

Quote Originally Posted by mpt15 View Post
    True. Book Bazaar Reader is the best available as of now.
    I like Book Bazaar too. I think I like it a little better than BookVisor. Thanks mpt15.

Global Posts
    432 Global Posts
    I have Book bazaar and Bookviser and I find them both very good

Quote Originally Posted by calfee20 View Post
    I have Book bazaar and Bookviser and I find them both very good
    The issue I have with BookVisor is it doesn't import my larger ebooks and some it won't import at all. Now I may find Book Bazaar may have quirks too but the 3 books BookVisor would not import, Book Bazaar did. So, so far so good.

Global Posts
    432 Global Posts
    Where would it not import files from? I have both readers on my desktop and my RT. All of my books are on my desktop in various HDD's which I share with my RT over the network and I haven't had any trouble loading anything.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast