Touchtype, Background Color Change?

texantony

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Ok, I see it in commercials, I saw it in demos and I even read about it. So my question , how does the surface change it's background color to match your keyboard when it snaps? I snap my cyan touch keyboard and nothing. Am I about to get disappointed again? NFC being the first. :confused:

VagrantWade

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
Why would you even want your touchcover to change it? You can go in your personalization settings and change it anytime you want.

texantony

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Why wouldn't I? if it's advertised then I expect it. Just like I'm expecting to give up on the surface and go with the upcoming Lenovo tablet 2... then I'll personalize in my settings.

VagrantWade

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
Why wouldn't I? if it's advertised then I expect it. Just like I'm expecting to give up on the surface and go with the upcoming Lenovo tablet 2... then I'll personalize in my settings.

When has it ever been advertised? They just showed a bunch of personalization colors matching a touchcover of the same color.

BotanicalStig

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
I just re-watched the commercial, this feature was not shown in it. They did demonstrate it in the original unveil, but I don't think it's a feature that made it to market.. unless someone else found a way to enable it.

cluberti

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Indeed, none of the commercials I've seen have shown the color changing by attaching a keyboard, so I'd be curious as to where you saw this commercial.

It is worth noting that you can change your personalization options to match quite closely the keyboard cover colors, and I don't think this is a coincidence, but the colors won't change with a keyboard attached on their own.

texantony

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Now I remember, when I bought it at the store they asked me if I wanted the open box experience or something like that. I said sure, might as well check to see that it's working before I drive all the way home and have a problem. anyhow, when he was showing me how to use it the Microsoft guy told me, "and when you attach your keyboard it should detect the color". He even tried it and nothing. I told him to forget it and i'll figure it out at home. this too funny

Gken

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
yeah they did introduce it way back in the prototype stages, (did not let anyone actual touch it). Guess it never made it to the retail version. Thank god though, I wouldn't want my screen to keep changing. Seems really gimmicky.

texantony

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Really? The device not automatically detecting the keyboard color disappoints you? So much so you're considering giving it up?

Okay.

Yeah, I guess I was looking for a reason to let go of it, lol. I could care less for Office and what exactly am I missing out that I wont have on the Lenovo Thinkpad? I see switching a gain... It has everything Surface has plus NFC, stylus, full Windows 8, 64GB (I only have 32) etc

runamuck83

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Why does everyone get a boner over NFC????? I've had it in my phone for a year now and haven't used it more than once, and even then it was a pain in the ass because it wouldn't detect right.

you want your keyboard to change your screen color? Big fn whoop. I suppose you want it to sing you a lullaby too.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes