Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By TMavC5
  • 1 Post By berty6294
  • 1 Post By I Spiritus I
  • 3 Post By johninsj
  • 1 Post By Jack Janik

Global Posts
    1,591 Global Posts
    I have not seen very impressive picture quality so far. Lets see how they look in real life from some real users. Also, would like to see images taken from the FFC to know how it will work for video chats in low light, normal light, or outside light. My Titan has terrible low light quality on the FFC for skype.

And pictures are just fun to look at instead of boring text all the time. Videos would be great too. Like to see how stuff compares to the commercials.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    3,206 Global Posts
    This is my only huge gripe. I tried to take a couple pictures but they looked horrible! Then again, I have my phone for quick pics, not tablets.

Global Posts
    1,411 Global Posts
    They suck. But it's a tablet.
    Thanked by:

This is a silly thread in general, but we need at least one rule. No self shots.

I'll stick with my Lumia 710 for taking photos...
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    2,511 Global Posts
    Here's my attempt at bokeh with this camera...

Global Posts
    620 Global Posts
    I think the camera purpose was just for Skype and face time type apps out there and not meant to take quality pictures.
    berty6294 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by TMavC5 View Post
    I think the camera purpose was just for Skype and face time type apps out there and not meant to take quality pictures.
    exactly! its not for pictures! who in the world carries around a tablet to take pictures! webcam is its purpose and webcam is what it does very well!
    Phones: Nokia Lumia Icon, Nokia Lumia 928, HTC Windows Phone 8x, HTC Trophy
    PMP: Zune HD 32, Zune 80, Zune 4, Zune 30
    Tablet: Surface 2, Surface for Windows RT
    Thanked by:
    TMavC5 

Global Posts
    2,511 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by berty6294 View Post
    exactly! its not for pictures! who in the world carries around a tablet to take pictures! webcam is its purpose and webcam is what it does very well!
    I agree, but in the spirit of the thread I figured I'd upload a pic. Hope others do the same.

Maybe the thread can be expanded to include pics, videos and Start screens? It's always fun to see other users wallpaper and tile arrangements.

Global Posts
    8,092 Global Posts
    Agree entirely. It would be nice though if I could switch out which camera is being used by Skype on the fly, so that if I want to show someone something, I don't have to stop the call first, or turn the thing around.

Edit: Ignore this, I was completely wrong on this point, see below.
    Last edited by jhoff80; 11-01-2012 at 01:22 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Agree entirely. It would be nice though if I could switch out which camera is being used by Skype on the fly, so that if I want to show someone something, I don't have to stop the call first, or turn the thing around.
    You can. I was literally just doing that. Two ways. Hit the camera button, gives you the option, or click on the thumbnail of what your camera is showing.. will automatically switch.
    Phones: Nokia Lumia Icon, Nokia Lumia 928, HTC Windows Phone 8x, HTC Trophy
    PMP: Zune HD 32, Zune 80, Zune 4, Zune 30
    Tablet: Surface 2, Surface for Windows RT
    TMavC5 likes this.

Global Posts
    8,092 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by berty6294 View Post
    You can. I was literally just doing that. Two ways. Hit the camera button, gives you the option, or click on the thumbnail of what your camera is showing.. will automatically switch.
    Huh, I thought I tried clicking the camera button, I didn't try the thumbnail. (I also tried changing it in the settings too.) I'll have to try that when I get a chance tonight. Thanks.

Edit: And after trying it, you're correct.
    Last edited by jhoff80; 11-01-2012 at 01:23 PM.
  13. drg
    Developer

Took a vid with the surface and playback was good. yeah it's not the greatest but as everyone has said I take shots with my Lumia with auto-upload to Skydrive to view on the tablet. Works great. Will upload video later if I get a chance.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    19,947 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Skaughtto View Post
    Click to view quoted image

I'll stick with my Lumia 710 for taking photos...
    I wish the inside of my tower looked like that.

I was putting an SSD to install W8 last week when I noticed how dusty it was =(

WPCentral Mod | Retired Android Central Mod | CrackBerry Mod

One from mines in a lowish light room.

Camera quality is alright, more than adequate for Skype etc, will stick to my Lumia for the majority of pictures though lol.

This is my knife. There are many others like it, but this one is mine.
    TMavC5 likes this.

The camera specs say "lifecam 720p" which would be a stunning .8MP camera. It's fine for 'low def" HD video conferencing. It will produce photos about a good as you would expect from a webcam - not very. Then again you look pretty silly filming video or photos with a tablet anyway...

Don't be this guy:
    Last edited by johninsj; 12-21-2012 at 04:47 PM.

Using the rear camera: my red 520 and yellow 920win_20140328_220416.jpgwin_20140328_220429.jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails win_20140328_222310.jpg   win_20140328_222226.jpg   win_20140328_220456.jpg   win_20140328_222252.jpg  
    Last edited by Jack Janik; 04-04-2014 at 07:47 PM. Reason: Deleted a duplicate
    Weekly top artists
    Guytronic likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by johninsj View Post
    The camera specs say "lifecam 720p" which would be a stunning .8MP camera. It's fine for 'low def" HD video conferencing. It will produce photos about a good as you would expect from a webcam - not very. Then again you look pretty silly filming video or photos with a tablet anyway...

Don't be this guy:
    http://i.imgur.com/zSRER.jpg

Even when you are not filming or taking pictures you look silly with a pink iPad.

Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    Took photos of my Pastor on my Surface Rt, it suck bad
    Nakia L Johnson
    Video Gamer PC Gamer
    Xbox Live Nikiwi26
    Instagram @ nakiawooten83
    Twitter @nakiawooten83
    Facebook http://www.facebook.com/nakiajohnsonwooten