Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

I wonder if setting Loudness Equalization would help? I don't have an RT (yet), but I do have Win8 on a Samsung Slate. I have to set the Loudness Equalization to make the volume loud enough to hear.

3 Ways to Normalize Sound Volume on Your PC - How-To Geek

Can anyone with a Surface RT try this to see if it helps?
    did absolutely nothing for me :/ got me excited for a little bit there
    Phones: Nokia Lumia Icon, Nokia Lumia 928, HTC Windows Phone 8x, HTC Trophy
    PMP: Zune HD 32, Zune 80, Zune 4, Zune 30
    Tablet: Surface 2, Surface for Windows RT

Global Posts
    248 Global Posts
    I went into the speaker configuration, in desktop mode, and set the speakers as full range. It seems louder to me but it could be my imagination.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

Global Posts
    1,411 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by billfraley View Post
    I went into the speaker configuration, in desktop mode, and set the speakers as full range. It seems louder to me but it could be my imagination.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
    Ditto. I did basically the same thing I have always done on my laptop in both Windows 7 and Windows 8 and it helped.
    I just plugged in my beats for the first time... the speakers may be soft but DANG can it push some big sound to headphones! Thing gets louder than my laptop and sounds good too!
    Phones: Nokia Lumia Icon, Nokia Lumia 928, HTC Windows Phone 8x, HTC Trophy
    PMP: Zune HD 32, Zune 80, Zune 4, Zune 30
    Tablet: Surface 2, Surface for Windows RT

Global Posts
    186 Global Posts
    Extremely soft to the point where I am thinking this must be a software bug as there is no way people working on this could have thought that max volume being so low was acceptable.

Global Posts
    1,411 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Digital Moe View Post
    Extremely soft to the point where I am thinking this must be a software bug as there is no way people working on this could have thought that max volume being so low was acceptable.
    I had issues with certain file types playing sound too soft. I think it was mostly x264 videos.