Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

I know someone made a thread about what apps they'd like to see on the Surface.
    but I'm wondering if anyone has read or heard anything about the chances all apps available on windows phones will sooner or later make it to RT/8?

for example, the phone's marketplace has apps such as Groupon, Paypal, Open Table, ESPN, Yelp, etc., but yet to be seen in the marketplace for RT.

I am hoping they will appear soon as they have beautiful interfaces on the phone and would really be useful on the Surface.

thanks.

Weave
    Photosynth
    Beem
    Linkedin
    Insider
    Photogrid
    Touchdevelop

Global Posts
    2,561 Global Posts
    Developers have to port apps over. Microsoft has made it very easy for them to do, but they still have to actually do it, they won't just automagically become available in Windows 8/RT. My guess/speculation is that for windows 9 and windows Phone 9 we will see a unified application market.

Quote Originally Posted by jdevenberg View Post
    Developers have to port apps over. Microsoft has made it very easy for them to do, but they still have to actually do it, they won't just automagically become available in Windows 8/RT. My guess/speculation is that for windows 9 and windows Phone 9 we will see a unified application market.
    thanks I hope they will port them over then.
    would really love to use those apps.

Global Posts
    1,008 Global Posts
    If you want to see these apps, I would suggest "hoping" for it will not typically get you very far. If they are aware of interest (users actually contacting them) developers will be far more willing to port things over. Granted, most of the ones you want will probably be present sooner rather than later since Microsoft has been willing to throw money around to get developers on board. You will still get a faster response though if you are visible. FWIW, since Windows 8, RT, and WP8 share the same kernel, it is really not too daunting a task to port things.

Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Microsoft is pushing them to develop tablet style apps to take advantage of the larger screen. Most of the developers are working on that rather than just porting over their windows phone apps. They want to stay away from the "larger phone app" problem that exist on most of the android tablets.

Global Posts
    2,237 Global Posts
    Need
    Phone Search app
    Chase
    Dropbox