11-01-2012 12:59 PM
- I tried one out last week and overall I really liked it...keyboards (both of them) worked a lot better than I expected. However, the performance was a little slower than I'd like. It wasn't nearly as smooth as my phone. Now, the Surface wasn't super slow or anything, but it wasn't as buttery smooth as my Windows Phone. I could tell it was lagging a little; when switching to a previous program it was a little choppy, and scrolling wasn't super smooth sometimes. Anyone else feel this way?
As an aside, why do many review sites mention that it's a con that it doesn't run Windows 7 apps? It's not like people criticize Apple or Google because the ipad or android tablets don't run PC apps.
I hear the cameras aren't very good on the Surface, but I'm not sure I understand the criticism -- aside from videoconferencing, what else do people use a tablet camera for?10-31-2012 02:42 PM
- yeh there is lag, I blame software. Im sure there will be updates to fix this
I agree sites shouldn't be comparing this to an ultrabook... but they are.
Still photos aren't great, but video is more than good enough. It gets the job done, its not a camera its a tablet that is lucky enough to take good video! much better than any internal webcam ive ever seen on a laptop.10-31-2012 02:49 PM
- 10-31-2012 02:54 PM
Engadget is fine if you add tracking lists for ad blocking. As fine as that horrible site can be anyways.10-31-2012 06:38 PM
- I've also noticed pausing in music and stuttering when playing back YouTube videos on the browser. Apps can also take sometime to load and occasionally shut down or scroll back to the left. Overall, I'm very happy with this device and once all of the kinks are ironed out it will be great.10-31-2012 06:40 PM
- As evidenced by the small number of posts, no the performance issues some have had are not a universal. The only app that I find lags is the Windows Store and that lags just as much on my I5 laptop running Windows 8. As far as web sites go, this is the only one I have found to be slow. Granted the site also now looks like a pastel Easter egg so I can't say much I like about the changes at the moment. Personally I like the music and video apps but that is really a matter of taste and preference.10-31-2012 08:25 PM
- No problems here. I've been running apps, browsing the web, playing back 720p and 1080p video, listening to music, and I've had office running with a 215 page document loaded the entire time.
I'm actually really surprised at how well the tegra 3 is holding up. The only time I've had load times longer than a couple of seconds were with some 3rd party apps that were obviously rushed to the market and far from optimized.10-31-2012 11:18 PM
- Mixed bag here. Performance is good when using most apps and browsing but gaming is where I am running into issues. Hydro Thunder just doesnt run all that great on the Surface and I am even seeing performance issues will simpler games like Jetpack Joyride and Fruit Ninja. The Tegra 3 should be able to play all 3 of these games without issue.
Anyone else seeing performance issues with games? Hopefully MS and Nvidia are working on improving performance as the Surface is competing not only with the new Ipad but now the Ipad 4.11-01-2012 12:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD