Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

View Poll Results: Are you happy with your purchase?

Voters
127. You may not vote on this poll
  • Couldn't Be Happier!

115 90.55%
  • Undecided

8 6.30%
  • Will be returning it...

4 3.15%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree27Likes

I am very happy with my Surface. I got the 32G with Touch Cover.

I love the touch cover, I can type plenty fast on it for what I need to do (emails, searches, word and powerpoint editing, etc).

As a .net and SQL developer I need my workstation to be productive, nothing I can carry under my arm can even come close to replacing it, so I wanted the RT version instead of the PRO- I do not want a tablet that runs x86 apps (but I do understand why some people would).

The surface runs remote desktop so I can terminal into my work station if I just want to monitor stuff, etc. , and for me this is better than running legacy apps. For personal use I can also run things like Lightroom remotely, so I can sit on my couch and organize/catalog my latest photos.

My workstation is a W7 box, but I have also tried remoting into a W8 laptop and the experience is super sweet. If you have not tried this you really should.

I do however have a few minor issues. First one is that the surface will not play my Media Center recordings, but once again Remote Desktop comes to the rescue since you can watch videos playing on the remote machine!

I am hopeful that someone will make an app that plays these .wtv files (I think the ipad has one). Heck, if the fires at work would calm down I could even try and make one myself.

My second issue is with xbox video. We have been using xbox video to rent and watch movies for about 6 months and we love the service. The other night we rented Prometheus in HD on the xbox , but I got called away for a work emergency and was not able to watch it before the rental period expired. I am now on a business trip and I wanted to rent it again to watch on my Surface, but it is only available in SD. I called xbox support and they have no idea why it would be available in HD on the xbox and only SD on the Surface. Could someone else with an xbox and a surface confirm that the HD version of Prometheus is only available on the xbox, and not the surface?

Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Damn, the courier just called. Im stuck at school till quite late, but my fiancee will sign the package and it will wait for me to get home :D On the downside I have to write a few things for school and wont have much time to play with it, but maybe Ill write the stuff on Surface to get a feel for it :D

Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Just got mine today! Holy cow I'm really amazed. This is easily the finest piece of tech I've ever owned.

That said, I had to fight to get it off my fiancees hands :D
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234