| | 11-01-2012, 04:07 PM #1
Sorry I probably shouldn't have spammed with the "MUST READ" but it's a pretty crucial tip.
I see alot of people complain about the Resolution comparing to an iPad and of course its not as good but a big improvement can be made using these steps:
1) Control Panel, Display options
2) Click on Adjust ClearType fonts on the left sidebar and go through the wizard to choose the text type that looks best for you (its a 6 step process).
3) Still within Display options, on the left side bar choose Calibrate color and then adjust Gamma.
4) Run the wizard and adjust the gamma so that "white" circles are not visible in the middle of the large grey circles (they have an example of what is optimal).
5) Within the Internet Explorer App (on the Start screen not Desktop), swipe from the right to get the charms bar and click on settings, within there (I forget the exact option), check the box to automatically choose encoding depending on website. This will improve text on websites.
Save all these steps and once done you should see an improvement in color fidelity, contrast and most of all resolution of the text on your surface.
I noticed that on my surface when I swipe and move around I find the text is a big jagged when any motion occurs, this was completely resolved after these steps.