Anyone else have backlight bleeding?

btdvox

Jan 21, 2008
Visit site
Anyone have backlight bleeding issues on their surface?

I see alot of users with dead pixels, I have bit of backlight bleeding from the bottom bezel but its only noticeable during start up, I don't notice it after at all so I"m not going to exchange it (done this in the past, only to get a device with a dead pixel!)

VagrantWade

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site

I see alot of users with dead pixels, I have bit of backlight bleeding from the bottom bezel but its only noticeable during start up, I don't notice it after at all so I"m not going to exchange it (done this in the past, only to get a device with a dead pixel!)

I did. Until I turned down the brightness and turned off auto brightness.

vertigoOne

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
I saw a hot-spot on mine and then started inspecting the glass and bezel a little more in the area and noticed some buldging. I pressed on the buldge slightly while I was at the login screen and the right edge of the screen lit up with random touch input.

The area on mine was on the screen bezel, to the right of the windows logo. I was able to just swipe the area with a little pressure, tap it, or even just close the touch cover and it would trigger it.

I was able to get it to stop by putting it into sleep with the power button and waking it.

Needless to say, I am awaiting a replacement now after sending these details along with it back to MS.

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site

In answer to the question, no, I have not seen any backlight bleeding. In response to your follow-up comment about you seeing a lot of users with dead pixels, unless you work for a Microsoft Store, I seriously doubt that is literally true.

cubanaso

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
In answer to the question, no, I have not seen any backlight bleeding. In response to your follow-up comment about you seeing a lot of users with dead pixels, unless you work for a Microsoft Store, I seriously doubt that is literally true.

Or if your like me and opened up 5 at the store with dead pixels on each. Mine currently have some backlight bleeding but I took off auto brightness calibrated the screen settings and can hardly see it now. These are always going to be some of the issues you face as an early adopter. Still a great product though!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786