Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 17 of 17
  1. VagrantWade's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,399 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,411 Global Posts
       #1  
    Amazon.com: Blue Touch Cover for Microsoft Surface: Computers & Accessories

    Get it while you can. Probably an error.


    *EDIT*

    It just got marked as "temporarily out of stock" but it still lets you order it. I wonder if this was some Black Friday thing that got leaked early. I wasn't aware Amazon would be selling any surface products.

    *EDIT2* They now took it down entirely. So clearly a screw up on their part lol.


    *EDIT 3* And now the orders were deleted. So that is that.
    Last edited by vagrantwade; 11-02-2012 at 07:04 PM.
  2. stmav's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    3,685 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,767 Global Posts
    #2  
    Funny, the product description is for a kensington cover for an ipad mini.
  3. VagrantWade's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,399 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,411 Global Posts
       #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by stmav View Post
    Funny, the product description is for a kensington cover for an ipad mini.
    Yea, it's why I am wondering if maybe it was a Black Friday thing that wasn't suppose to appear yet and they just weren't done with the listing.
  4. stmav's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    3,685 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,767 Global Posts
    #4  
    I threw one in my kart, just in case.
  5. brianbrain's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    15 Posts
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    #5  
    I'm printing this out and taking in to the Microsoft Store when I trade my 32GB in for a 64GB. See what I can get out of them. It's worth a shot right?
  6. VagrantWade's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,399 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,411 Global Posts
       #6  
    I just went ahead and ordered one out of curiosity. I can always cancel it and they won't charge me unless it ships.
  7. badMojo69's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    359 Posts
    Global Posts
    533 Global Posts
    #7  
    Damn! I missed it.
  8. crav4speed's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    378 Posts
    PIN
    No
    #8  
    wow! I just ordered 2 of these. We shall see...
  9. VagrantWade's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,399 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,411 Global Posts
       #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by roboMonkey View Post
    Damn! I missed it.
    Yep looks like they just took it down. I will edit the title.
  10. The1Weapon's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    30 Posts
    #10  
    And complete cancelled the orders for those who ordered them, it seems.
  11. VagrantWade's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,399 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,411 Global Posts
       #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by The1Weapon View Post
    And complete cancelled the orders for those who ordered them, it seems.
    Yep, my order is now donezo.
  12. allos autos's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    96 Posts
    #12  
    What I find interesting is that the listing is not for a cyan Touch Cover, but for a blue Touch Cover. The Touch Cover in the pictures looks considerably darker than the cyan ones we've seen so far. Maybe new colours are coming?
  13. stephen_az's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,031 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,065 Global Posts
    #13  
    There are a variety of Surface items up on Amazon including some tablets. My bet is the reason it came down and orders were cancelled is because Microsoft promptly hit the specific merchant with a cease and desist order or they just contacted Amazon and they did it for them. Microsoft and Amazon have a reasonable business relationship and I doubt they would want to threaten that over bootleg stuff or items being sold in violation Microsoft seller and reseller policies.
  14. VagrantWade's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,399 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,411 Global Posts
       #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by swyost View Post
    There are a variety of Surface items up on Amazon including some tablets. My bet is the reason it came down and orders were cancelled is because Microsoft promptly hit the specific merchant with a cease and desist order or they just contacted Amazon and they did it for them. Microsoft and Amazon have a reasonable business relationship and I doubt they would want to threaten that over bootleg stuff or items being sold in violation Microsoft seller and reseller policies.
    The merchant WAS Microsoft.
  15. nuprotocol's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    221 Posts
    Global Posts
    410 Global Posts
    #15  
    Nice find. Will keep an eye on amazon now....
  16. crav4speed's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    378 Posts
    PIN
    No
    #16  
    Well, that's not nice...
  17. erasure25's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    159 Posts
    Global Posts
    245 Global Posts
    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by allos autos View Post
    What I find interesting is that the listing is not for a cyan Touch Cover, but for a blue Touch Cover. The Touch Cover in the pictures looks considerably darker than the cyan ones we've seen so far. Maybe new colours are coming?
    Not sure if you have seen these covers in person, but the cyan is considerably darker in person than what the images online would suggest, at least IMHO...

Posting Permissions