Flixster for Windows RT

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
I installed it yesterday, i never saw it in the store. I accidently ran into it under "my apps"

Apparently, i installed it previously somehow, not sure how, but when i was in the store, i slid my finger down from the top and pulled down the bar with "my apps" and showed all the apps i had downloaded before that were not installed (i had windows 8 preview on pc), flixster was on there and installed from there.

perhaps when you are searching, make sure you have the apps selected when you are searching.

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Trying to install Flixster on Surface. while I can find it from IE on my laptop (see Flixster app for Windows in the Windows Store)

When ever I try the search on the Surface it cannot find it.

Any ideas how I can get this on my Surface RT

Thanks

Go to entertainment section in Windows Store and slide over to around the 15th column. It is available for RT but has not made it into the search list yet probably because it has only been out for a few days and they have been push a lot of apps out.

kashk5

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
Not sure why you guys are having trouble, but I found it right away using the search function. Installed without a hitch.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
The link above takes me to the windows app store as expected, but when I click on the 'view in app store' button, it takes me to the app store, but only to the front screen.

I really miss flixster and imdb on my surface. Guess it's a good thing I have a windows phone.

steveymacjr

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
I wouldn't get worked up over not being able to see the flixster app in the store, as it leaves a lot to be desired. For one, you cannot watch your UltraViolet movies in it(like you can with the iOS version)..
However, Flixster is on IE10's Flash site "White list" meaning you can actually watch your UltraViolet movies using the Flixster website(and the Vudu website too)..

Using the Flixster and Vudu websites is really quite easy with touch, and I was able to stream a full movie to my VivoTab RT...

mafu6

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site
According to XDA Flixster is available in the US Store only and if you are in the UK then you need to change your region.

Anybody who doesn't know how to do this it's as follows.

1. Swype in from the right or if you are using a mouse then move mouse into the top right hand corner.
2. Click on Search,
3. In the search box type region.
4. Move into settings and click the region icon that will appear on the left.
5. It will take you back to the desktop and a new window will open with the tabs, formats, location and administrative.
6. Click on location.
7. Change Home Location to USA.
8. Go to Windows Store and search for Flixster (it does work in the UK) and install

Sorry if this is a bit noddy...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb