some opionion on surface rt

ilfranzoso

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
Dear all, im going to buy a surface , but im little bit afraid about what i sew in the forum and in internet. Some defect in hardware , display with burned pixel and all the problem that we have on the forum.... Some others told that word is not very usefull, in particular when you have to save file. What is your experience? Is the right product for replace my ipad 3? What about the 14 days for return the product when i buy the surface on line from an other nation? Thanks for tell me your experience..... I really want it... But lot of failure

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
You have to remember that majority of satisfied customers dont come to forums (at least if they dont frequent it) to praise the working product they just bought. However when someone gets a faulty one they come post asking if its normal and/or what to do.

I really doubt Surface is having a very high defect ratio to working units or anything, but on a forum like this, you naturally end up seeing the bad cases too.

That said, I'm on the same boat'ish. Buying from Germany while being from Finland.. I really hope my is defect free cos returning the product will be a **** of a hassle if it's required.

I'd take a look at this though, even on these forums, the amount of "couldnt be happier" with Surface totally crushes the amount of people undecided or getting it returned. http://forums.windowscentral.com/surface-windows-rt/poll1576.htm

Last edited:

HalM

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
Listen, if you don't have the cash or patience to be a early adopter of the product, then don't. Wait for SP1.

On the other hand, I haven't even turned my iPad3 on since I got the RT 3 days ago.

YMMV

ilfranzoso

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
Listen, if you don't have the cash or patience to be a early adopter of the product, then don't. Wait for SP1.

On the other hand, I haven't even turned my iPad3 on since I got the RT 3 days ago.

YMMV
I'm usual to buy fisrt release products.

I'm a blogger for a website, we have 20.000 visits per day and normally I'm in charge for Tablet. I hade xoom in day one, Hp touchpad, ipad1 , ipad3 ,Playbook Samsung 10.1.... So i know that software can create some problems, more one is the fisrt release.... What for me is not good, is when you have hardware problem. Sw one can be fixed, hardware is a mess....

BotanicalStig

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site

YMMV

I haven't turned my laptop on since I got mine on launch day. I've been using it as my only computer. It gets the job done, and really well.

2 out of 3 were defective for me. Yes, I got that lucky (they gave me a free touchcover because of it). I had a dead pixel on the first, and the second one wouldn't turn on... The store had only gotten two returns before mine, and another guy came in with a power issue while I was there, which was the second day of sale. IMO, since you aren't near a Microsoft store, I'd wait a little bit... but that's just me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb