The "charge hold" thing is gone, what now?

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Not sure what it's actually called, but as you place the order, MS places a hold on the money on your card, but does not actually charge the money yet. I ordered my Surface last wednesday and now found out that the money is no longer on hold, but just returned to my account like normal.

I've heard this has happened a lot to others too, what did you do? Should I contact MS? Will it still ship? Will it fix itself? The account page still says the legendary "processing" that it always has, the money was already put on hold once.

Hmar9333

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
It will fix itself.
The very same thing happened to me. I preordered a while ago, they put a hold on my money, the hold was cancelled soon after, and then the money was taken from my account when the surface shipped. Haven't received it yet (Australian date was 6th Nov, it should be here tomorrow), but as far as I know, everything's ok and it's on its way :)

RTS2

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
From working in mail order my experience has been that if the charge is not fully captured the hold that they put on the money is automatically released by the bank within a few days...not something the retailer is actively doing

crystal_planet

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Not sure what it's actually called, but as you place the order, MS places a hold on the money on your card, but does not actually charge the money yet. I ordered my Surface last wednesday and now found out that the money is no longer on hold, but just returned to my account like normal.

I've heard this has happened a lot to others too, what did you do? Should I contact MS? Will it still ship? Will it fix itself? The account page still says the legendary "processing" that it always has, the money was already put on hold once.

Relax man. They just went in and checked to see if you were solvent in funds. They release in a couple of days only to lock it down again when they ship.

Damn. It feels like this happened to me years ago now....:happy:

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Relax man. They just went in and checked to see if you were solvent in funds. They release in a couple of days only to lock it down again when they ship.

Damn. It feels like this happened to me years ago now....:happy:

I'm sorta crapping myself over this whole process :D Ordering from Germany while I dont speak german myself (studied it 5 years long ago, but cant remember much but single words here and there) so it makes any kind of communication with MS Germany really hard. I once emailed them in English, just to get a reply in german that basically had nothing but a link to surface.com :D

I just really hope I get no defect cos getting it changed/returned will be quite the adventure I'm afraid :D

Digital Moe

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I don't know what is going on with their charging they had a hold on mine last week, I received my Surface on Monday and checked my credit card yesterday to see the charge hold had disappeared and but they had not yet taken the money.

crystal_planet

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
I just really hope I get no defect cos getting it changed/returned will be quite the adventure I'm afraid :D

That was my fear as well, since the closest MS brick and mortar store is 1300 km away, and you can't return it to a store if you ordered on line. Luckily, mine was flawless out of the box.

Quite honestly, the device is worth the wait.:happy:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3