I will send money order to person who gets me going with Surface

csiguy1

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
I will send a money order to someone who knows enough to get me setup with my Surface and get me going. I just dont understand the MS ecosystem to get it syncing right. I assume you can contact me via my profile to leave me a phone number to call. Money Order will be for $50.00.
Thanks in advance.

smontoya2

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Good morning, first of all you need to establish/create an live account (MS email account eg. Hotmail, Live or Outlook) Once you have done that, all your info (Calendar, Contacts, Facebook, etc. ) if you allow them gather info needed will travel through the ecosystem using their cloud service called SkyDrive. It basically is an external hard drive storing your info on a MS server, so wherever your signed into your live account (tablet, PC, laptop or the new windows phone 8) the info, apps, docs, music, etc. will appear simultaneously. There may be some videos with better instruction & will post if available. Good luck.

crystal_planet

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
I will send a money order to someone who knows enough to get me setup with my Surface and get me going. I just dont understand the MS ecosystem to get it syncing right. I assume you can contact me via my profile to leave me a phone number to call. Money Order will be for $50.00.
Thanks in advance.

First off, no one wants your money - we're pretty good at taking on pro bono cases here.

Secondly, we need details on what you'd like to sync.

ilfranzoso

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
Just a question... Can i set as primary mail gmail account?

Concerning csi guy...don't offer money when it exist a community able to Help you Just because the community has got your same passion... Use the 50 dollar for a beautiful baby:p

karmamule

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Just a question... Can i set as primary mail gmail account?

Concerning csi guy...don't offer money when it exist a community able to Help you Just because the community has got your same passion... Use the 50 dollar for a beautiful baby:p
Technically no you can't, your primary account (the one whose credentials you use to log in) has to be an MS-based account like hotmail, msn, or outlook.com, but other than that it's very easy to add your gmail account info to mail, contacts, and calendar so it is still pretty tightly integrated.

csiguy1

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
OK when I set up MS login account, I gave it my Gmail info. Then I setup a gmail mail account, there is where I think the problem lies. My contacts and calendar want to sync with my gmail mail account and not with the Gmail account that is connected with my MS login account. How do I make the MS account link to the GMail Mail account that I setup? When I am looking at my mail screen, it shows 2 Gmail accounts, one has the contacts and mail, the other one that is going to MS, it has nothing.

PS if no one wants my money, would someone be willing to allow me to call them and talk to a real human to get this done. I need this for work and I am getting the Lumia 920 and want it setup before I get it.

csiguy1

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
The Gmail Mail account shows all of my contacts and calendar activity. It will receive information but will not send data if I type it in on the Surface. My Android phone can send but the Surface will receive but not send.

csiguy1

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
OK I just read where someone said that I have to have a hotmail account in order for this to work. I have since set one up after setting up the MS Account with the Gmail info. What a mess.

csiguy1

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
Is there a way to change the MS login email/info to my hotmail account and then get my Google contacts and calendar info onto the Hotmail account so this will work?

Munkeyphyst

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Why don't you just send that surface to me. I'll get it all setup for you. I can't guarantee a timely return though. :D I hope you find the help you need. Lots of good people here that will certainly help you out.

mjrtoo

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Is there a way to change the MS login email/info to my hotmail account and then get my Google contacts and calendar info onto the Hotmail account so this will work?

Unless things have changed, you'll have to restore the device and start over with the MS address, there wasn't/isn't a way to change the association.

srmiller82

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
live

When it used to be live before it went Microsoft you could link any email to a live account as primary email, once you did that you could make your Gmail as primary account, I have personally done this its very easy, you get to keep your old email essentially your Gmail would then be your Microsoft account. I've done this more than once doubt they would change it also works on windows phones syncs everything to this account. Not sure about old contacts though but allows for keeping your Gmail

csiguy1

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
OK I have reset the entire Surface and started from scratch. I started with a Hotmail account, logged in etc. I have added my gmail account, linked it to Hotmail via MS Live, given permissions to everywhere that I knew to do so. Now I receive Gmail and have my contacts but the calendar still only receives data from my Android phone but the Surface will not send data out i.e.. I input a calendar event on the Surface but it does not show up on my Android phone.

PS would still like to talk to someone via telephone and get this straight. I need this badly for my business.

csiguy1

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
OK now I really feel stupid. That was the problem. Thanks so much. Enjoy the rest of your Sunday. Will I have to go thru all this mess when I get the Lumia 920?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon