Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree6Likes

Global Posts
    558 Global Posts
    I couldn't take it. I really want the Pro so that I can give up my 2009 MacBook Pro. I love the RT 100% as a tablet, but when I play Xbox Music while browsing for instance, there is noticeable delay when I skip tracks.

I see small amounts of lagging when doing other things as well, like a few games. Not as crisp as I would like. Also, when plugging in a second monitor over HDMI. Just not the performance I want. The RT is a big tease to me. It just makes me want the Pro. Can't wait till it comes out.

Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    But this is why you buy I product after its been on the market for sometime. Then they have the kinks worked out.

Sent from my SGH-i677 using Board Express
    Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    7,164 Global Posts
    There is nothing wrong with waiting for the pro. I am sorry you didn't enjoy your RT. I wish I had one.
    Early adopters of any product will experience the initial kinks. I too am excited for the pro! The RT is only too ease the wait time for me! Lol
    Phones: Nokia Lumia Icon, Nokia Lumia 928, HTC Windows Phone 8x, HTC Trophy
    PMP: Zune HD 32, Zune 80, Zune 4, Zune 30
    Tablet: Surface 2, Surface for Windows RT

Global Posts
    558 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WasteSomeTime View Post
    But this is why you buy I product after its been on the market for sometime. Then they have the kinks worked out.

I wouldn't say the RT has kinks as far as my concerns were. I just think my experience would be served better if it had the Intel i5 processor that the Pro will use.

Global Posts
    1,045 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WasteSomeTime View Post

Or not. See: iPhone 5 with scuff gate, losing WiFi at random times, maps that are an exercise in hilarity etc.

The adopters of the Surface II are not guaranteed perfection either. As technology changes, problems don't.

Mine is great actually - but then I don't place any unrealistic expectations on it either (I'm not saying the op is btw). It's a tablet - it suffers limited performance because it's components are limited.

I'm good with that.
    My next phone...

Global Posts
    1,045 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mister2d View Post
    I wouldn't say the RT has kinks as far as my concerns were. I just think my experience would be served better if it had the Intel i5 processor that the Pro will use.
    That's fair.
    My next phone...
    I understand perfectly. I want a pro too... too many desktop applications I need.

I love my Surface, but there are software imperfections that I cope with while I wait.... And they will be fixed.

For now, though, it's still very useful for 75% of my needs, and I'm mesmerized by the hardware. :)
    Quote Originally Posted by crystal_planet View Post
    That's fair.
    Yes but that experience would add a few $$ as well. I think the choices they made are great, they just need to tune the software up to the hardware. Its not like it runs bad, just some slight changes and it will take it from good to great!

Global Posts
    1,045 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by berty6294 View Post
    Early adopters of any product will experience the initial kinks. I too am excited for the pro! The RT is only too ease the wait time for me! Lol
    Wow. If I recall you were bouncing off the walls waiting for your device to arrive. Now you want to toss it for the pro?

Your prerogative I guess. I hope you enjoy it when it arrives.
    My next phone...
    Quote Originally Posted by crystal_planet View Post
    Wow. If I recall you were bouncing off the walls waiting for your device to arrive. Now you want to toss it for the pro?

Your prerogative I guess. I hope you enjoy it when it arrives.
    Haha I won't deny that! You should see what I was carrying around to my class before my surface! Had an hp pavilion with a broken fan that was louder than a streetbike! Thoroughly excited to be carrying around the surface in place of that anchor!

Global Posts
    532 Global Posts
    Soooo battery life is a non issue. I'm sure the pro will get whopping 4-5 hours.
    GL with the pro.

Global Posts
    558 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by roboMonkey View Post
    Soooo battery life is a non issue. I'm sure the pro will get whopping 4-5 hours.
    GL with the pro.
    Lol I sure hope it's not 4-5 hours but greater. I would still accept that as a tradeoff for the hot bottom and sweaty keyboard of my MacBook over 4-5 hours.

Global Posts
    2,478 Global Posts
    Question for people waiting/wanting the pro: why not just pick up a Windows 8 notebook? Something like the Lenovo Yoga? Or are you looking for something smaller?

Global Posts
    32,933 Global Posts
    PIN
    Email
    Quote Originally Posted by NickA View Post
    Question for people waiting/wanting the pro: why not just pick up a Windows 8 notebook? Something like the Lenovo Yoga? Or are you looking for something smaller?
    I like the form factor of the Surface Pro, but I dislike RT. I have a traditional laptop, but I want to replace it with something more portable. I will check out some of the OEM's offerings, but I still believe that I will opt for Surface Pro due to its form factor.
    Thanked by:
    NickA 

Global Posts
    558 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lak611 View Post
    I like the form factor of the Surface Pro, but I dislike RT. I have a traditional laptop, but I want to replace it with something more portable. I will check out some of the OEM's offerings, but I still believe that I will opt for Surface Pro due to its form factor.
    Same here. I don't like the design of what's out there. The Surface does it for me.

Global Posts
    432 Global Posts
    Isn't the alternative to RT, the CloverTrail devices?

They cost about the same, are fanless, same or longer battery life and run all existing windows programs. Even the size and weight is similar.

MS is not releasing one, but just about everyone else is, should be showing up anyday now...

Global Posts
    32,933 Global Posts
    PIN
    Email
    Quote Originally Posted by Pioneer77 View Post
    Isn't the alternative to RT, the CloverTrail devices?

They cost about the same, are fanless, same or longer battery life and run all existing windows programs. Even the size and weight is similar.

MS is not releasing one, but just about everyone else is, should be showing up anyday now...
    I want an Ivy Bridge device, not a Clover Trail device.
    I consider myself torn between the Pro and the Asus Taichi which I find to be an incredibly gorgeous device! Surface will be more compact but the Taichi will be a fantastic laptop and a great tablet whereas the Surface will be a great laptop and a fantastic tablet! Mostly comes down to pricing between the too as well as the initial reviews of them.

Global Posts
    432 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by berty6294 View Post
    I consider myself torn between the Pro and the Asus Taichi which I find to be an incredibly gorgeous device! Surface will be more compact but the Taichi will be a fantastic laptop and a great tablet whereas the Surface will be a great laptop and a fantastic tablet! Mostly comes down to pricing between the too as well as the initial reviews of them.
    Guess it comes down to if you want a primarily a laptop or tablet.

For something that will primarily be a tablet even a 11.5" seems large.

That's why the Pro looks best to me.

If I was looking for laptop first 11.5-13" would be great.
    Last edited by Pioneer77; 11-05-2012 at 12:24 PM.

Global Posts
    982 Global Posts
    As frustrating as the wait for the Surface Pro is, the current availability of the RT at least provides some intelligence and feedback on the form factor, build quality, etc. I am particularly interested in seeing how the various keyboard configurations shake out, while I'm waiting. I have a Playbook tablet to hold me over, so I figure to hold out. But I also confess to having to restrain myself from accidentally on purpose drifitn by the nearest MS store to take a look.

I love the surface, but I also started the process to return mine. However, I do intend to purchase either the Pro version, or the next RT version when more kinks are sorted.

I love the look and feel of it, but I am going away shortly, and for now my needs are more entertainment than functionality. I will keep checking the forums, so I know when I can jump in again and grab a tablet.

I have my nexus 7 to tide me over until the Pro comes out. I do hope MS does well, as the quality of this is absolutely wonderful. I find myself swiping to try to close programs, or find a charm bar on android.

Global Posts
    558 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RoboMonkey View Post
    The easy answer again is that the Acer isn't a Surface Pro.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Returned a surface to wait for surface pro......good choice if you had to choose one or the other I guess. But for now we can only guess at pricing, I'm just gonna get both, just work more...lol.