Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    Anyone try to see if this works on the Surface yet? I'm curious to see if it does.

Global Posts
    8,093 Global Posts
    I haven't tried, but I asked the same question at XDA-Developers and people there were unsuccessful.

I tried connecting my Apple USB to Ethernet adapter and although it was identified, no drivers could be installed. I don't have any other adapters (different brands) to try, unfortunately.

Global Posts
    8,093 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by highdefjunkies View Post
    It says a lot of things are compatible that aren't, though.

Global Posts
    1,411 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GB330033 View Post
    I tried connecting my Apple USB to Ethernet adapter and although it was identified, no drivers could be installed. I don't have any other adapters (different brands) to try, unfortunately.
    Well if I was going to guess any adapter that wouldn't be compatible, it would be an Apple branded air adapter.

Quote Originally Posted by vagrantwade View Post
    Well if I was going to guess any adapter that wouldn't be compatible, it would be an Apple branded air adapter.
    Given that it works with Windows 8 just fine, it was perfectly reasonable to expect it to work with the Surface

Someone in this thread is saying they tested that Cisco adapter and it doesn't work:

Apple USB Ethernet Adapter Can't used in Surface - Microsoft Community