Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By btdvox

I've been looking around at the cases available for the Surface and there just aren't that many available yet, but I found a cool store on Etsy that makes custom cases for almost any tablet you can imagine.

I got this one: Microsoft Surface Casewith front pocket for Covers by JiuJiu

I'd be interested to see cases that others have found as well!

Took my Surface to a local store and stuck it in this one:

Sumdex Decode Tablet / Netbook Case-10.2" - eBags.com

Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Skaughtto View Post
    Took my Surface to a local store and stuck it in this one:

Sumdex Decode Tablet / Netbook Case-10.2" - eBags.com
    That one seems nice - might pick it up.

I wonder if we will see magnetic "covers" similar to touch/type but without the keyboard.

No offense but that first case is **** ugly.
    sportex likes this.

i kind of like the first one. sort of an industrial look.

different strokes for different folks...

Isn't that an iPad inside on one of the images?

Global Posts
    245 Global Posts
    A bit more pricey, but their bags are excellent. Great customer service too! I have ordered at least 5 bags from them in the past for laptops, PSP, messenger style and loved every single one.

The site indicates that model #43-27 is for the Surface RT w/ and w/o the touch cover (you can email them to ask about the type cover - they usually respond within 24 hours).

Tablet Ultimate SleeveCase - Tablet Sleeve - Tablet Case - SFBags - WaterField Designs

Global Posts
    1,411 Global Posts
    I have a messenger style, but that Nixon case on Microsoft's site is baller.

Global Posts
    1,354 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by btdvox View Post
    No offense but that first case is **** ugly.
    LOL! I would have spit coffee all over the computer screen if I'd had any.

Anywho, I've got a Surface with several accessories coming in tomorrow (both keyboards, chargers, HDMI cables, etc). So I've been looking around and found this one:

CaseCrown Horizontal Messenger Bag for Microsoft Surface Tablet Black | eBay

I want something to keep everything together. Has anybody found something else?
    Last edited by wbdillworth; 12-13-2012 at 08:13 AM.

These guys make very fine hand crafted cases.. Expensive but well made. http://www.noreve.com/langue/en/prod...ther_case.html
    Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

Global Posts
    1,354 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by newfiend View Post
    These guys make very fine hand crafted cases.. Expensive but well made. Microsoft Surface Tradition leather case | Noreve - Haute Couture for Mobile Devices
    Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express
    Yes that is very nice, but it is strictly a case for the Surface. I saw a similar item on ebay. I don't understand manufacturers making this type of case, that turns into a kickstand. That defeats the purpose of the built-in kickstand on the tablet itself. I'm not sure it would work with the keyboard attached.

I've been using a netbook pouch at the moment. Seems to be fine without the touch cover. I'm a bit concerned when I have the touch cover attached though as it does bend the corners a little.

Looking for a slightly bigger one... the thing is though the next size up is a it too big :(.

This is my knife. There are many others like it, but this one is mine.
    I'll probably end up making my own sleeve! Custom fit, Add whatever pockets or straps I want to it, atm though I've always got a backpack with me that has a little sleeve area for laptops
    Phones: Nokia Lumia Icon, Nokia Lumia 928, HTC Windows Phone 8x, HTC Trophy
    PMP: Zune HD 32, Zune 80, Zune 4, Zune 30
    Tablet: Surface 2, Surface for Windows RT

Quote Originally Posted by wbdillworth View Post
    LOL! I would have spit coffee all over the computer screen if I'd had any.

Anywho, I've got a Surface with several accessories coming in tomorrow (both keyboards, chargers, HDMI cables, etc). So I've been looking around and found this one:

CaseCrown Horizontal Messenger Bag for Microsoft Surface Tablet Black | eBay

I want something to keep everything together. Has anybody found something else?
    Hey, I liked that one! It's on Amazon too. I got the impression that, even though the seller states one is for iPad, the other for Surface, other for Galaxy... It's actually the same bag, only on different listings (I'm talking about Amazon). Even the official webpage makes no difference.

Am I on the wrong impression? I actually, really liked this bag and I have a few trips coming up in which I would love to carry my electronics safely on me.

Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    After looking at the Incipio and Nixon options as well as searching Amazon I settled on this company:

Waterfield Ultimate Sleeve
    Tablet Ultimate SleeveCase - Tablet Sleeve - Tablet Case - SFBags - WaterField Designs

Then by accident I found this on sale at a local "organization" store for $19.95 it comes with a grid-it supplied compartment
    Cocoon Grid-It 7"-11" Neoprene Netbook Case
    Cocoon CNS360 - Cocoon

Im just using a standard padded 11" netbook sleeve for mine - although i have purchased some sweet skins to put on mine from decalgirl.

I found anything designed for a chromebook works great...I picked up a nice targus Chromebook case and I love it...
    Editor

Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    This thread reminds me that I need to find a sleeve for my Surface. I find myself using the on-screen keyboard more than the touch cover, that is now basically a $100 cover for my Surface. Just need a simple sleeve type case to protect the Surface when its bouncing around in the back pack..

Kinda surprised MSFT hasn't offered more accessories for the Surface than they have.
    George Ponder
    Reviews Editor - Windows Phone Central
    Email: george.ponder@wpcentral.com
    Twitter: @coppertop004

Global Posts
    1,354 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by justop26 View Post
    Hey, I liked that one! It's on Amazon too. I got the impression that, even though the seller states one is for iPad, the other for Surface, other for Galaxy... It's actually the same bag, only on different listings (I'm talking about Amazon). Even the official webpage makes no difference.

Am I on the wrong impression? I actually, really liked this bag and I have a few trips coming up in which I would love to carry my electronics safely on me.
    I think I'm going to agree with you. And it's just a bit cheaper on Amazon.

So far, this comes closes to being the 'perfect case' for me...

Amazon.com: douglas gennetten's review of KaysCase BusinessCasual Leather Cover Case...

Try http://www.kekacase.com/design-your-...pad-2-3-4.html, this will give you otpion to customize your own cases with your own photo or art.,