How to view history in Internet Explorer?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

btdvox

Jan 21, 2008
Visit site
Hey guys,
I seem to have found a major flaw of the metro version (ie: not desktop version) of IE10.
How do we check the history of our pages visited?!?!?!?

NickA

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
Slide up or down from top or bottom on IE10 & a bar will appear showing the pages you have visited.

Those are frequent sites you visit. The OP is talking about the traditional history view you get when you are in IE 10 Desktop.

I wouldn't call it a "flaw" as the OP did, but rather a feature that's not available in IE 10 Metro.

Nataku4ca

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
they still have alot of work to do for IE10 metro version imo, i feel that they don't need to still show the page when you're trying to go through the favourites to find a site and they really should have folders for them as well

but i must say, they've definitely made it better than the ones in release preview, just hope they update it fast

btdvox

Jan 21, 2008
Visit site
Those are frequent sites you visit. The OP is talking about the traditional history view you get when you are in IE 10 Desktop.

I wouldn't call it a "flaw" as the OP did, but rather a feature that's not available in IE 10 Metro.

Buddy that's a FLAW. I haven't used a browser without history ever and I've used over 20 after all is said and done. Huge downfall for IE!!!

NickA

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
Buddy that's a FLAW. I haven't used a browser without history ever and I've used over 20 after all is said and done. Huge downfall for IE!!!

Pal, a FLAW is an imperfection. As in, it's broke or something is wrong with it. As others have said, use the desktop version if it's that important.

To say something is a flaw because a feature is missing doesn't make sense. There's no SilverLight, is that a flaw or just something that's missing? Obviously MS didn't think it was important enough to put in this version of IE. Maybe in a future update, but in the mean time it's there and waiting for you in the desktop version. OK??

20 browsers is quite a number. You must be going back to CompuServe and Prodigy.

btdvox

Jan 21, 2008
Visit site
Pal, a FLAW is an imperfection. As in, it's broke or something is wrong with it. As others have said, use the desktop version if it's that important.

To say something is a flaw because a feature is missing doesn't make sense. There's no SilverLight, is that a flaw or just something that's missing? Obviously MS didn't think it was important enough to put in this version of IE. Maybe in a future update, but in the mean time it's there and waiting for you in the desktop version. OK??

20 browsers is quite a number. You must be going back to CompuServe and Prodigy.

Lol, you understand you come off as a ****** right? Tell me one browser that doesn't have history and maybe ill say it isn't a flaw, but you cant. And yeah over 20 since I have 6 browsers installed on my Android device right now for web design testing. Dating back to Netscape I've used over 20 browsers on multiple different pcs, Macs and tablets.

DougB541#CB

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
He doesn't come off as a ****** at all. Is it a flaw or a feature not in it?

Sorry you don't like it...but i don't think many people are sitting in their history on their tablets (at least i have never once pulled it up on my iPad).

stewpeanut

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
having an argument over semantics isn't terribly productive...whether it's an intentional function left out of scope, or a true design flaw.
having the ability to organize/sort favorites and view full history is not really necessary...possibly even a bit overly cumbersome on a tablet. that said, having the ability to change over to the desktop app gives you the flexibility to do what you want/need.

NickA

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
Lol, you understand you come off as a ****** right? Tell me one browser that doesn't have history and maybe ill say it isn't a flaw, but you cant. And yeah over 20 since I have 6 browsers installed on my Android device right now for web design testing. Dating back to Netscape I've used over 20 browsers on multiple different pcs, Macs and tablets.

Dude, I own multiple devices from just about every maker. I'm pretty agnostic when it comes to technology and have no loyalty. I've been a professional developer for almost 20 years, I think I know what a flaw is. Not one of my clients will say there is a flaw just because a feature is missing. Now, if IE Metro did have a favorites feature, and it didn't work, that would be a flaw. See the difference?

The browser does have history, what part of that are you missing? Use IE on the desktop if it's that important. To make it easier for you, why not just replace the IE Metro tile with a shortcut that takes you to desktop IE? Problem solved. Then you will have your "flawless" browser.

Still waiting for that list of 20 browsers. And I don't mean counting IE 4,5,6,7,8,9,10 as 6 browsers. Or Chrome on 3 PC's as 3 browsers.

Nataku4ca

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
Tell me one browser that doesn't have history.

the one that I made when I was still in school mwahahahaha :p ok all jokes aside (well i did make one super barebone useless browser...) don't get aggressive, it's unnecessary

i don't know how long MS had been working on IE10 app version, but im pretty sure they still have alot on their plate to update it, good thing is, like others said, at least we still have the desktop version to fall back on

eimoaotl

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
there is history in metro ie10

By the way, this argument is moot as there is a history in the metro ie10. All you have to do is click on the URL bar and start typing -it will pull up all websites you have visited that have that phrase in it. It is a list and is different than the favorite and the frequent tiles that pull up when you first click the URL bar and before you type. I like it much better than the relic history in other browsers where you have to go through day by day. It is much easier to search than to hunt through folders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99