Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Just when I was loving my Surface the leaks are out about this....
    Looks like my original Surface might not last too long depending on what happens with this!!

Microsoft making Xbox Surface - report • News • Eurogamer.net

Global Posts
    2,574 Global Posts
    this thing sounds really compromised. If it is running a flavor of RT and can get Store apps I'll be good with it, but if it is a stripped down Surface that can only run Smartglass and maybe play videos and music I will pass. I think they are trying too hard to make an alternative to the Wii U which from what I have seen in the stores is a complete joke.

Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    The specs on this page clearly show that there is a "Tablet Computing Device" which lasts the first 7 specs only. Following this up, is a "Stationary Computing Device", which the remainder of the specs pertain to.

So the "Tablet Computing Device" looks like the a 7" "tablet remote control" for the new Xbox. The specs are limited and low-class (eg, 288mb of ram @ 533Mhz).

The "Stationary Computing Device" is likely the Xbox itself.

No need to panic guys - this isn't a tablet entry, this is just an interesting development on the next-gen Xbox front.

The part of this idea I find compelling, is a 7" Surface. That alone would be amazing.

Global Posts
    2,574 Global Posts
    I was really hoping Nokia would launch a 7" RT device, they are the only ones with industrial design superior to Microsoft's.

Global Posts
    2,574 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brianbrain View Post
    The specs on this page clearly show that there is a "Tablet Computing Device" which lasts the first 7 specs only. Following this up, is a "Stationary Computing Device", which the remainder of the specs pertain to.

So the "Tablet Computing Device" looks like the a 7" "tablet remote control" for the new Xbox. The specs are limited and low-class (eg, 288mb of ram @ 533Mhz).

The "Stationary Computing Device" is likely the Xbox itself.

No need to panic guys - this isn't a tablet entry, this is just an interesting development on the next-gen Xbox front.
    yep, you got that right. This will be the next Xbox, and it will come with (or maybe add on) a Smartglass. Whereas we have been using apps called SmartGlass. That thing WILL be the Xbox Smartglass.

Shut up and take all my money.

Having said that, I am disappointed with Halo 4 SmartGlass offering. This was Microsoft's chance to show the world the potential of SmartGlass with various game enhancing features but opted instead to simply run Halo Waypoint.

Microsoft realized nobody will step up to the plate to make a 7" Windows RT tablet, so they will have to do it themselves.

Global Posts
    487 Global Posts
    yeah I'm kinda hooked on surface right now... and I don't think that will change. So to me this sounds pretty good! it depended on how much they integrated it with the actual xbox.

Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Developers adding Xbox 360 controller support = Xbox Surface.

Global Posts
    228 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Thryon View Post
    Shut up and take all my money.

Having said that, I am disappointed with Halo 4 SmartGlass offering. This was Microsoft's chance to show the world the potential of SmartGlass with various game enhancing features but opted instead to simply run Halo Waypoint.
    Couldn't agree more. Certainly I wasn't the only one that thought a real-time scoreboard for multiplayer would be an obvious use-case for halo 4. Or better yet make the interactions with Cortana more immersive through the new technology during the campaign. I still have yet to try it out with Forza Horizon but Halo 4 integration was somewhat of a letdown to me also.

Global Posts
    2,574 Global Posts
    well the beauty of it is Microsoft can update the app and the game to include the features you mention. It isn't like things are etched in stone.