Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    I switched from an iPad to a surface and love it. The iPad browser used to always crash in me. One thing I miss though is being able to tap the top status bar and have the page jump to the top. With ie10 I have to scroll back up. Anyone know of any shortcut to get to the top of a page?

Thanks.

Edit - changed stud bar to status bar :)
    Last edited by eimoaotl; 11-07-2012 at 10:01 PM.

Was hoping this feature would be in wp8...

Global Posts
    489 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eimoaotl View Post
    I switched from an iPad to a surface and love it. The iPad browser used to always crash in me. One thing I miss though is being able to tap the top stud bar and have the page jump to the top. With ie10 I have to scroll back up. Anyone know of any shortcut to get to the top of a page?

Thanks.
    I was actually going to say I wish they had something like this also! I haven't found a solution yet either! Hopefully an update will add this!... Along with a readability type option for reading articles without adds and the other junk

Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    I just started playing around to see if I could find a way to do this. Looks like you can just tap the "Home" button on the type cover and it will take you to the top. Still wish there was a way to do it when the keyboard isn't pulled out.

Global Posts
    2,480 Global Posts
    I always look for this feature too because I'm so used to the iPad. Even when I use an Android tablet I find myself tapping the top and wondering why it's not scrolling to the top.

Apple probably had a patent on that feature or something.

Global Posts
    194 Global Posts
    At least one a day I still tap the top of the page expecting to jumps back to the top. I believe Apple do have a patent for this and was one of the things they sued Samsung for.

By the way, I struggled with how to print from IE. Realized if you view from desktop, then you get the traditional menu options and a full-time menu bar.

Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wpb211 View Post
    By the way, I struggled with how to print from IE. Realized if you view from desktop, then you get the traditional menu options and a full-time menu bar.
    Just swipe to open Charm bar and choose Devices to print your web page in Metro IE

Global Posts
    2,408 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wpb211 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DewgZom View Post
    Just swipe to open Charm bar and choose Devices to print your web page in Metro IE
    ^this.