Problem with Type Cover's Touchpad (Touch cover probably too)

btdvox

Jan 21, 2008
Visit site
Hey guys,
Noticed another annoying thing,
unlike most multi touch trackpads, if you have two fingers on the trackpad it should register as doing a multi-touch gesture such as scroll up/down/right/left but instead it keeps moving the mouse scroll.

Problem with this is that the mouse moves around when your trying to scroll or do other things! This is especially noticeable if your trying to scroll and then click with the trackpad at the same time!

ylksa

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Unrelated but just discovered that using the touch keyboard u can use 2 fingers to scroll app and down in a webpage, cool

Also anyone finds it annoying that there is no F2 which I used a lot for renaming files? also is there any other way of renaming using a keyboard shortcut?

emigrating

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Fn + VolDown will act as F2. Basically, all the F-buttons are still there you just have to Fn them.

On the Type Cover this is clear as it shows F-numbers as well as charms/media control, the Touch Cover doesn't but works the same way.

NickA

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys,
Noticed another annoying thing,
unlike most multi touch trackpads, if you have two fingers on the trackpad it should register as doing a multi-touch gesture such as scroll up/down/right/left but instead it keeps moving the mouse scroll.

Problem with this is that the mouse moves around when your trying to scroll or do other things! This is especially noticeable if your trying to scroll and then click with the trackpad at the same time!

Mine doesn't do that. Are you using the touch or type cover? My mouse cursor stays put when scrolling using the two finger gesture.

Xiang Li

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
I have exactly the same issue with op. called Microsoft and the rep admitted seems like the trackpad is not as good on a type cover. will try it out myself with another type cover in Microsoft store later

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire