Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By crystal_planet

I don't know if Microsoft has to approve them or what but why are there no cases for the Surface RT? Those converted lunch boxes on currently sold on Amazon don't qualify.

Global Posts
    2,250 Global Posts
    I just got a 12 inch laptop zipper case and use it. It is a little loose but gives it some padding and not much bulk. Can still carry it like a book.

Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by csi guy1 View Post
    I just got a 12 inch laptop zipper case and use it. It is a little loose but gives it some padding and not much bulk. Can still carry it like a book.
    that's funny I did exactly the same thing.. picked one up for $5. The thing bobbles around in there but its got soft cushions inside so at least there's some protection. I can't wait for some accessories. I would have thought there would be more out on release day but I guess companies are really careful with brand new products to see if they go over or not

I think MS was hoping everyone would get the keyboard cover.

Between the kickstand and the cover you don't need a case.

Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KingCrimson View Post
    Between the kickstand and the cover you don't need a case.
    yeah I haven't gotten the keyboard cover yet but don't you worry about the back? I dunno just me it gives me a weird feeling taking it out without a full case covering both sides... I paid far too much to scratch it lol :P

Global Posts
    2,511 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfacable View Post
    yeah I haven't gotten the keyboard cover yet but don't you worry about the back? I dunno just me it gives me a weird feeling taking it out without a full case covering both sides... I paid far too much to scratch it lol :P
    I'm with you. The kickstand and keyboard cover are nice, but I want more protection when I take it places. A portfolio case would be nice.

I picked up an Incipio case from the Microsoft Store where I bought my Surface, It fits the tablet with the touch cover on perfectly. It has a zipper pocket on the outside which is big enough for the charging cord, or headphones and my phone. The cases are black and has an accent strip that is the same color as the touch covers.

Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mandos View Post
    I picked up an Incipio case from the Microsoft Store where I bought my Surface, It fits the tablet with the touch cover on perfectly. It has a zipper pocket on the outside which is big enough for the charging cord, or headphones and my phone. The cases are black and has an accent strip that is the same color as the touch covers.
    I did see these to! they look nice.. are you happy with it?

Global Posts
    245 Global Posts
    Tablet Ultimate SleeveCase - Tablet Sleeve - Tablet Case - SFBags - WaterField Designs

You want Size #43-27. I love their bags and their CS is excellent.

I'll get some Gelaskins. Those in addition to the Touch Cover will provide plenty protection for me.

Global Posts
    474 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mandos View Post
    I was eyeing this one, too.

Global Posts
    1,411 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Techblogger View Post
    I don't know if Microsoft has to approve them or what but why are there no cases for the Surface RT? Those converted lunch boxes on currently sold on Amazon don't qualify.
    Did you miss the badass Nixon case on the Microsoft store?

Quote Originally Posted by VagrantWade View Post
    Did you miss the badass Nixon case on the Microsoft store?
    I did also a nice Case.

Buy the Nixon Surface Sleeve - protect your Surface from scrapes and scratches - Microsoft Store Online

Global Posts
    1,411 Global Posts
    I love everything Nixon. Watches, clothes, laptop bags.

I really like the Incipio case. It adds just enough bulk and texture so that I don't feel like I need to worry about it slipping out of my hands when carrying it.

Global Posts
    1,045 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VagrantWade View Post
    I love everything Nixon. Watches, clothes, laptop bags.
    I don't. Despite what he said, he really was a crook.:)

**Sent from my Windows Phone using Board Express**
    My next phone...
    Thanked by:
    VagrantWade likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by crystal_planet View Post
    I don't. Despite what he said, he really was a crook.:)

**Sent from my Windows Phone using Board Express**
    Ok that took me a second but I got it finally HA

CoopII

Global Posts
    8,092 Global Posts
    Personally, I use a backpack with a tablet slot, which is all the protection I need besides the Touch Cover.

Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    I carry mine in backpack with laptop slot too, but the Surface is so small for it that it will wiggle around and stuff not to mention the slot is made out of quite hard and plasticy fabric tha at least gave my netbook some "rash" with enough pressure applied.

My fiancee just made me this nice soft fabric "case" for it to go into the backpack. At least it's unique! :D

I am looking for a nice leather case that I can just flip open and expose the screen. One that offers some protection to the edges too. Those sleeves are ok but for a 500 dollar tablet I was hoping for better than something from grandma's sewing kit.

Global Posts
    2,511 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Techblogger View Post
    I am looking for a nice leather case that I can just flip open and expose the screen. One that offers some protection to the edges too. Those sleeves are ok but for a 500 dollar tablet I was hoping for better than something from grandma's sewing kit.
    Hey, don't have on Grandma's quilting abilities :)

I'd love a case with a built in kickstand like the Surface has, with the ability to kind of slide the keyboard into one half, and the Surface into the other. Then just flip it open like you said.