Problem with TYPE COVER, please test if you have it

Trexcapades

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Hey folks,

I have been using the TYPE Cover for about 5 days now with my Surface RT and occasionally ran into an issue where the type cover would stop responding.

I did figure out why -- When the type cover is not on a hard surface it will intermittently skip out on me. For example, when I have the type cover + kickstand open on my lap or bed, the keyboard will skip out.

Can anyone else reproduce this problem or do I need to exchange mine?

Please test this out if you have a type cover.

VagrantWade

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
It does have sensors to tell it to turn off once it reaches a certain bend point but the lap angle should be fine. I am typing this with mine on my lap with no problems.

Trexcapades

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Hey folks,

I have been using the TYPE Cover for about 5 days now with my Surface RT and occasionally ran into an issue where the type cover would stop responding.

I did figure out why -- When the type cover is not on a hard surface it will intermittently skip out on me. For example, when I have the type cover + kickstand open on my lap or bed, the keyboard will skip out.

Can anyone else reproduce this problem or do I need to exchange mine?

Please test this out if you have a type cover.
Just got off a chat with the MS support team and they told me the following:

The TYPE cover has sensitive contacts that need to be properly in alignment in order to function properly. The TOUCH cover does not have this issue. The type cover is best when used on a surface that doesn't allow the base of the cover to bend much.

So all in all I think the TYPE cover is far superior for typing on. Just word to the wise, if you are a really fast typer and you tend to bang the keys pretty hard, just go easy on the TYPE cover when it is not on a stable surface. I am using it on my lap now and typing very gently and slightly more slowly than I normally do and I am not having any issues.

Hope this helps someone.

eimoaotl

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Thank you for posting this. I ran into the same problem with my type cover, but I hadn't made the connection about using it on a hard surface and using it on my lap.

I just tried it out and you are correct: When I type on the type cover when using my surface on my lap the keyboard will have a difficult time keeping up with my typing and will drop letters and also drop whole words. But when I put it down on the table and start typing it works just great.

Thanks for posting. I was going to take the type cover back but will hold onto this one if this is just "normal."

Xiang Li

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
does anyone have scrolling problem on their type cover? mine does not recognize two fingers scroll really well, as half the time it moves the cursor rather than scroll down a page. happens even whil sitting flat on a table

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos