How To Install a Wireless Printer Not Listed

deezus

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
I own a HP Photosmart c7280 printer that is not listed as being compatible with winRT, but I made it work and I wanted to share it with my fellow surface friends. What I did was:
1-Click on desktop
2-With track pad click right while in lower left corner Or do what you need to do to get to control panel)
3-Click Control Panel
4-Click add printer, if you have a wireless printer make sure its on and your in range.
5-Your printer will come up in window, if it does hit stop
6-Click on your brand
7-Now if your exact model isn't listed find one closest to it in the same family. For me I am in the "Photosmart" family of HP printers.
8-It should be digitally signed.
9-Print test page and if it prints your all set to go!! If not you may have to try diferent drivers in that family but mine works perfect! In IE10 on the modern ui if you want to print a page hit Ctrl+P. As always, I take no responsibility for anything that may go wrong if you try this on your system. Good luck and please post if this worked and wht drivers you used as well as printer model so we can get a list of what drivers work with each model.

HP Photosmart C7280=Using the HP Photosmart C4700 series driver.

Peace

Crakeur

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I actually had an HP app self install over the weekend. I turned on the surface and found the HP app there.

there's also an HP app in the store that allows you to scan on your printer and have it send to the surface. At least that's what I think it does.

deezus

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
I actually had an HP app self install over the weekend. I turned on the surface and found the HP app there.

there's also an HP app in the store that allows you to scan on your printer and have it send to the surface. At least that's what I think it does.

That app only works if RT already has driver installed. This thread is for Surface owners who have a printer not listed on HP's website.

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I don't really get it cause when you check on the Windows Compatibility site it says it is compatible (limited functionality) I have this printer but I've not tried to print with my Surface yet.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb