Surface RT in retails stores?

Highdefjunkie

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Anyone know if and when MS is going to make it easier to get a surface rt? Also, how about expanding more world wide? What the **** is their plan for this thing?

NickA

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
Anyone know if and when MS is going to make it easier to get a surface rt? Also, how about expanding more world wide? What the **** is their plan for this thing?

It's as easy as clicking this link: Surface with Windows RT - Microsoft Store Online

They show as in stock, and you should have it by the end of the week. It will even get delivered to your door step. I don't see how much more easy that can be. I've done half the work for you.

Am I misreading your post?

Last edited:

Highdefjunkie

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
It's as easy as clicking this link: Surface with Windows RT - Microsoft Store Online

They show as in stock, and you should have it by the end of the week. It will even get delivered to your door step. I don't see how much more easy that can be. I've done half the work for you.

Am I misreading your post?

I think people seeing and holding it is a bigger selling point then having it just on their site and their stores, no?

NickA

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
I think people seeing and holding it is a bigger selling point then having it just on their site and their stores, no?

Agree. Although not being able to touch the thing and seeing all the early pics and reviews of it made me want it even more.

I don't know if it will get to retailers like Best Buy. There are other RT (or maybe just the Asus) tablets available, so maybe MS wants to give them a chance. I see the Asus sells for 599.00, without they keyboard.

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site

I don't think it will happen immediately but the fact that Ballmer made his comment about sales being limited because of availability only through Microsoft on the same day Sinofsky was fired makes it a bit more likely one will see them in stores. People can spin the Sinofsky situation however they like, but most of what has been said has been large corporation business-speak for getting fired. My personal bet is you will see them get a bit more aggressive, and worry less about ruffling OEM feathers. The fact is the OEMs may not like it but they have no where else to go since the PC market is still a Windows market.