Nook app is out!

brianbrain

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Isn't this where we should see the benefit of a shared kernel? I was expecting a WP8 to be released alongside the tablet app.

I believe in the case of crossing between tablet and phone apps there's still the process of the application being formatted correctly for the screen size & resolution. I imagine the Nook's interface for Surface probably wouldn't fare well on WP8, so tweaks are likely in the works for the more mobile interface. I certainly wouldn't expect it to be too long of a wait though, since as you pointed out, most of the work is already done.

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
It doesn't use the wide screen format correctly. Too much empty space. It's better then the Kindle, but it still a update away from looking great.

not sure what you mean, but I tilt mine into portrait. What they should do in portrait mode, since the pages are formatted for a 4:3 aspect ratio, is expand the menus and page controls in the upper and lower margins automatically to fill that space and keep the formatting intact. This could show a big advantage of the Surface by using that space while maintaining the fidelity of the original content.

My only real complaint is I redeemed the two codes for books that came in the Surface quick start booklet but the Rolling Stone special edition won't download to the Nook and when I look at it on the PC it says you cant view it there either.

neova333

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
Very disappointed that you can't sideload books like you can with the nook android app. A good e-reader app is all that I'm waiting for and I was really hoping that the nook would be it.

shn'g

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
not out in the app store for Canada yet... kind of

edit... just realized nook isn't in Canada at all... period. they say Dec 1 it will be.

Last edited:

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Very disappointed that you can't sideload books like you can with the nook android app. A good e-reader app is all that I'm waiting for and I was really hoping that the nook would be it.

Agreed. You can with Freda but Freda simply looks unfinished an rushed on the Surface. There is development work left to do with that app.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3