Surface demo spotted at VZW

jrj2013

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
As I mentioned over in the 8x forums - http://forums.windowscentral.com/8x/203110.htm

I went into my local Verizon Wireless this morning and was surprised to see a demo Surface on display. The manager said Microsoft had been keeping it quiet and that they would be selling it soon. He also told me that doesn't think they'll be selling a 4G version, only the standard WiFi.

Highdefjunkie

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
As I mentioned over in the 8x forums - http://forums.windowscentral.com/8x/203110.htm

I went into my local Verizon Wireless this morning and was surprised to see a demo Surface on display. The manager said Microsoft had been keeping it quiet and that they would be selling it soon. He also told me that doesn't think they'll be selling a 4G version, only the standard WiFi.

Interesting....

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Any reason why you zoomed/cropped the image so much you can only see the tablet screen and part of a red VZW display frame? The selling point of the Surface RT is its innovative design and I see no reason Microsoft would endorse a display that fixes the device in place, hides the bezel, hides the kickstand, and does not have the marquee touch/type cover. Sorry, but everything about this says that it is really just a display demo screen for the phones around it. If you want this to be taken seriously, take a photo that shows the whole device and the surrounding setting. Otherwise, this looks like a faked claim with a cropped photo. Sort of like a tablet version of a bigfoot or UFO siting....

NickA

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
Any reason why you zoomed/cropped the image so much you can only see the tablet screen and part of a red VZW display frame? The selling point of the Surface RT is its innovative design and I see no reason Microsoft would endorse a display that fixes the device in place, hides the bezel, hides the kickstand, and does not have the marquee touch/type cover. Sorry, but everything about this says that it is really just a display demo screen for the phones around it. If you want this to be taken seriously, take a photo that shows the whole device and the surrounding setting. Otherwise, this looks like a faked claim with a cropped photo. Sort of like a tablet version of a bigfoot or UFO siting....

Wow dude, I don't think the OP is trying to fool anyone or anything. I think he just wandered into a VZW store and took a snap shot without taking the time to compose a picture.

WPCentral thought it worthy enough to post an article on it: Verizon to start selling Microsoft Surface tablets? | Windows Phone Central

Anyway, I do agree though that it's an odd display to use when trying to sell a tablet. Especially one that really needs to be touched and all the features presented to get a real feel for it. Especially the kickstand and keyboard(s).

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
i think all they are doing is trying to make the connection between Windows 8 PCs and the phone and Microsoft wants to put its best foot forward. Showing a craptastic HP laptop to contrast with the phone certainly won't do it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)