Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Not from what I can see. You're not able to insert a pdf document into OneNote, but you are able to print into OneNote from pdf reader. However, this is a little clunky and you're left with a non editable print version. I think the best you can do is copy/paste. At least until a better pdf app appears.

danieljhb

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Yes you can. I do it all the time for school. Have OneNote open, open the PDF you want to import, swipe from the right to get your charms bar, click devices, send to one note 2013, click print, wait for a little bit, a OneNote dialogue box will pop up asking where in the notebook you want the PDF, after you choose the PDF will be in Onenote. Now you can go to draw and choose to highlight, take notes on the margins (or anywhere on the PDF), and other things. You can also draw diagrams, insert diagrams, insert pictures, audio, and whatever else you want to do. It's amazing for school.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Yes, that's true. You can scribble on the imported pdf, but you can't edit/copy/paste the text. Sorry if I wasn't clear.

GadgetObsessed

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Oh I see what you meant. Yeah, you can't edit a PDF in OneNote, but you can annotate a PDF in OneNote.

True the PDF is imported as an image however you can annotate the PDF in the reader app and then print to the OneNote app.

EDIT: My bad, you can highlight and add notes to the PDF in the reader app, the highlights are carried over when you print it to OneNote, however the notes aren't. Once in OneNote though you can add notes to your hearts content. You just click on the area where you want to add text and then type, or draw. You can even convert you handwritten notes into text. OneNote always surprises me with another feature every time I use it.:D

Last edited:

holyxiaoxin

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the clarification. I'm only concerned about the usability for annotations. Somehow, it seems that it's quite a hassle to port my lecture notes into onenote. Is there a way which I can just open my files directly from onenote? Or is there another way which I can just access the file manager and open using onenote. Printing to one note requires the user to do extra unnecessary inputs which may be quite irritating. :/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb