Just ordered my Surface

pedenske

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
as long as youre good with a few quirks of the os and the current limit of apps available I see no reason why not to like it.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Just enjoy it, if you don't like it then return it.

Asking that question here will only get love from the lovers and hate from the haters. Make your own experience of Surface.

Highdefjunkie

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
I bought it with every intention of returning it. I just wanted to play with it for a couple of weeks and I ended up falling in love with the damn device. It really is one of the best gadgets I've ever owned and I've owned just about every gadget that has come out. Just a great product in every which way.

theecosystem

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
my only real complaint about the surface is that i wish the screen was smoother...or maybe slicker is a better word. and if that's the only real complaint, then it must be a pretty awesome device. it's a tablet that overcomes the one real limitation of tablets (poor productivity).

will25u

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
It's a great tablet. The only downsides for me are lack of apps, which will get better overtime hopefully, and I would of liked a 1080p display but the display on the surface is good for its resolution.

alaskanjackson

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
So far my family (50,45,14,12,9) seem to love ours. The interesting thing is to watch how each of us use it differently. I tend to multitask, listening to music, excel and word docs, checking work email etc, I prefer the touch cover. My wife spends time on FB, Pinterest and likes the type cover. My daughter tends to spend time with pictures, games and reading. My youngest son doesn't use the touch pad at all. He loves the xbox game titles and the Nick app and of course streaming his favorite shows. My oldest loves Top Gear and facebook. I Will be taking mine on my next business trip and will be testing its functionality at my employers Annual Board of Directors meeting.

I would add I am not a technically inclined person. I set our home group with a old hp tablet, old Mac desktop, my daughters new Mac (from school)and a new HP wireless printer. The surface recognized each and the printer set up was breeze. The interface is really simple and easy to use. We look forward to expanded app choices and improved interface with Xbox.

shn'g

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
So far my family (50,45,14,12,9) seem to love ours. The interesting thing is to watch how each of us use it differently. I tend to multitask, listening to music, excel and word docs, checking work email etc, I prefer the touch cover. My wife spends time on FB, Pinterest and likes the type cover. My daughter tends to spend time with pictures, games and reading. My youngest son doesn't use the touch pad at all. He loves the xbox game titles and the Nick app and of course streaming his favorite shows. My oldest loves Top Gear and facebook. I Will be taking mine on my next business trip and will be testing its functionality at my employers Annual Board of Directors meeting.

I would add I am not a technically inclined person. I set our home group with a old hp tablet, old Mac desktop, my daughters new Mac (from school)and a new HP wireless printer. The surface recognized each and the printer set up was breeze. The interface is really simple and easy to use. We look forward to expanded app choices and improved interface with Xbox.

Yes to Top Gear! that's all I have been watching on Netflix lately. Can't wait for more seasons!... and It's just me and my wife but we use it in different ways also and that's whats so great about the device, its so adaptable to what you want to use it for. If you can be patient and aren't dependant on apps than I don't see any reason why you wouldn't enjoy Surface. If you looked into the device and know what you are getting you'll be more than happy, as you can see by the comments!

Winfonejunkie

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Love mine! I use it more as a mini laptop than as a tablet honestly. Its overall a great device but does still suffer from slight performance issues and random resets. In all honesty this tablet will likely be traded up for a surface pro once that releases, as i feel the hardware inside is unable to keep up with the awesome software at times. Its overall a fantastic device and far more powerful than an ipad for sure.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers