Is it normal while watching videos for Surface RT to fade to black?

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Its probably a setting I'm unaware of but its kinda odd that while watching videos on my Surface for it to fade to black. Then I have to swipe the lock screen to get it to return. That or tap the screen every few minutes which is annoying. Is this something I can fix?

mlm1950

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
There is probably a screen sleep setting somewhere that activates after so many minutes of inactivity. My laptop does the same thing.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
There is probably a screen sleep setting somewhere that activates after so many minutes of inactivity. My laptop does the same thing.

My laptop doesn't do that, nor does my desktop. I need to research this one because I don't want to be watching Netflix while eating and have to continually have to refresh the screen.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Check your power management settings. It's set to dim the screen after a specified amount of time with no input.

narv

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
have you been able to resolve this yet? under settings, pc settings, general, display there is a setting to adjust the screen brightness automatically.. im not sure thought if that is the same setting youre looking for.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
have you been able to resolve this yet? under settings, pc settings, general, display there is a setting to adjust the screen brightness automatically.. im not sure thought if that is the same setting youre looking for.

I did not find automatic screen brightness where you said. Are you on the tablet settings are the desktop?

Eric Hon

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Right click on the start screen area of the lower right corner to bring up the context menu. Select "power options" and then click on "change plan settings"

Dewg

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Here is what you need to do. Go to your Start Screen. Swipe the Charms Bar (from the right). Do a search. Type in: power
Touch the "Settings" category just under Apps. Touch "Power Options" to bring up the desktop power controls. In there you will see screen time-outs and sleep options.

EDDS

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
This is actually a problem with some apps, I find I can watch youtube, xbox video pretty much anything ok, except the sky news app, it will time out while watching a video.

So this is an app problem really.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
This is actually a problem with some apps, I find I can watch youtube, xbox video pretty much anything ok, except the sky news app, it will time out while watching a video.

So this is an app problem really.

More than a few apps need work but you may be onto something there. I'll check on the power settings and see if I can get around this issue. Its an annoyance for me.

giulia regan

Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
I got the surface about 2 months ago and I have this problem,i mean that one related to the screen blacking out while watching videos. It has not happened on Netflix, at least not the last time I used it, but it does happen on you tube n others. Hope to find solution because ?399 not to be able to use a simple thing like you tube is ridiculous.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3