SURFACE RUN OVER BY CARS... AGAIN. not as lucky

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Okay, long story short, I did it again. I forgot my surface on my roof and it got ran over by many MANY more cars! It wasnt so lucky this time!

I remember somebody mentioning to me buying a warranty if its within so many days and then tell them i dropped it! I need help, i know being my second time i probably look like an ass for not appreciating my things but i really dont want to be out $700!

What should i do??

Even if i cant get the whole thing replaced or subsidized, anybody know where i can find parts? i think only the glass and the screen are broken!

Thank you!

spazzmaster

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I'm sorry, why have you developed a habit of putting items on the car roof? Stop doing it or else your next surface will meet a similar end.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
ughhh your right! actually, funny thing is after the first incident i never did put anything on my roof! And this one time today, i said to myself "theres no way i can forget again" as i changed shoes, and sure enough... i forgot!

its whatever, 3 days of work will pay for it. Im just going to wait until the pro to get a new one :( really wish i didnt have to wait so long!

jsgiv

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
Buy a new surface - get a briefcase or backpack with it this time - get out of the habit of leaving things on your roof (I.e. Put your new surface/briefcase in the car FIRST as soon as you open the door.)

Consider it a life lesson. Don't claim stupidity and ignorance on an insurance claim. Especially one that you haven't even purchased yet. MORALS - look it up.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Great news! Called Microsoft just to see what would happen if I touched an emotional side of them, and the guy I talked to said he would sign me up for the accidental damage protection for $100 and then to get my surface replaced it would cost $50! So for $150 I'm getting a new surface!

Not only that, but the way they do things I will be getting a brand new AC adapter and Touch cover as well! (and no not extra ones, I had to send the old ones back with the Surface)

Couldn't be happier right now!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2