Transferring Game Saves

I Spiritus I

Aug 12, 2012
Visit site
Hello,

I've done a bit of a search but can't seem to find anything. I'm positive it's been asked though before lol.

I bit the bullet and ordered a Surface at the weekend (Can't wait!). Now I've been playing Angry Birds Space on my PC (Windows 8). Is there an easy way I can transfer my saved progress across?

I've managed to find the app folder containing the game... but not sure if a simple copy and paste would do?

Cheers,

Spiritus.

cp2_4eva

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
Been wondering the same thing with my angry birds and cut the rope. Did a restore on my phone...progress lost, but of course I still have the gamer points.

fardream

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
Hello,

I've done a bit of a search but can't seem to find anything. I'm positive it's been asked though before lol.

I bit the bullet and ordered a Surface at the weekend (Can't wait!). Now I've been playing Angry Birds Space on my PC (Windows 8). Is there an easy way I can transfer my saved progress across?

I've managed to find the app folder containing the game... but not sure if a simple copy and paste would do?

Cheers,

Spiritus.

I am pretty sure they are two separate games, and even if it's the same game - no, it's not synced to cloud on windows phone 8.

I Spiritus I

Aug 12, 2012
Visit site
I am pretty sure they are two separate games, and even if it's the same game - no, it's not synced to cloud on windows phone 8.

It's the same app store (Windows 8 & Windows 8 RT). I don't see how it would not work, just got my dispatch note so I guess I'll find out soon lol.

Vheissu

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
I know that old versions of windows kept different game saves in something like \Users\username\Documents\My Games\game_name\saves
i would check there if you don't see anything obviously marked "saves" or "profile" or something of the like in the app folder.

ljkelley

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
Provided you don't uninstall the App from Windows 8, when you install the App on your Surface the game progress should come along for the ride. I tested this in reverse (Installing Angry Birds Space on Windows 8 after playing it on my Surface).

pedenske

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
Your progress will automatically be transferred. It worked for me. With windows 8 most if your saves will be transferred between all windows 8 pc's you're signed in.

I Spiritus I

Aug 12, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the replies guys. I'm working on the achievements for Angry Birds Space (Smash 500 000 blocks), so dreading having to start it all again on a new device lol.

Cheers.

I Spiritus I

Aug 12, 2012
Visit site
I've now installed Angry Birds Space on my Surface. Seems quite strange but my star screen icons copied across along with my desktop background and a few other things, but the game save did not :(. Not too sure what to do?

Does anyone know which file within the install directory is the saved data? Might try copying that over to see.

Cheers,

S.

I Spiritus I

Aug 12, 2012
Visit site
Just a little update on this. It does seem to sync automatically, but not sure how regularly.

Mines synced the other way though... My fresh Surface install of Angry Birds Space over wrote my PC install... I had just hit 50k blocks smashed so not too bad, but still a set back :( lol.

PS... I love achievements :) lol.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes