Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Hi,
    Does anybody know how to purchase the Surface RT when you live in a country that does not has an MS online shop? I have looked at does import websites, but their price is bizarre (i.e. the 64GB with touch cover costs USD1100,- when converted back).

Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    Maybe you have friends in countries like US, UK, Germany? They could buy Surface and send it to you

PIN
    No
    You also need to consider if various Microsoft services exist in your country- Bing, Xbox live, app store, etc. The tablet would be next to useless if you can't access some key features.

Global Posts
    202 Global Posts
    Ebay
    Blackberry Pearl (8130) -> LG Optimus 7 (LG E-900h) -> Samsung Ativ S (SGH-T899M) -> Nokia Lumia 520-> Nokia Lumia 625

Global Posts
    1,002 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EnolaB29 View Post
    Hi,
    Does anybody know how to purchase the Surface RT when you live in a country that does not has an MS online shop? I have looked at does import websites, but their price is bizarre (i.e. the 64GB with touch cover costs USD1100,- when converted back).
    Which country?

Global Posts
    2,540 Global Posts
    Indeed, depends which country. MS Germany ships to most of Europe. Not sure if shipping is still free, but I ordered mine from Germany and only paid the price of the device.

Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    I am living in South Africa. I have tried buying it from the MS Germany site and let it ship to friends in the netherlands, but it detected that my credit card is from outside the EU :( I suppose I have to wait till I am in the US again (Q2 next year).

Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Can't you make a deal with your friends, that they buy it for you and you wire them the money?

Keep in mind though that the German Surface comes with a German keyboard. The only real difference is that the Z and Y are swapped.