Tips on cleaning your Surface RT

EpidemikE1

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I purchased my wife a Surface RT and I have notcied that the Magnesium body is very absorbing of finger grease. The same goes for the display. Does anyone have any tips on how best to clean the devices?

Im trying with a microfiber cloth but its not really helping that much. Plus its my wife's so I'll need to have her do it more so than myself.

NickA

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
I always use a damp towel on the body and the screen. It seems to get rid of the grease. Then I'll just wipe it down with a microfiber cloth, or something similar.

bartekxyz

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
I have some stains on kickstand that I'm unable to wash away. So I would also like to know tips on how to clean it.. if it's washable.
Sent from my Windows 8 device using Board Express

neova333

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
Wipe it down with a microfiber cloth, if that isn't enough then dampen the cloth with a 60/40 mix of distilled water and white vinegar OR isopropyl alcohol.

popartist

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Haven't needed to clean the body yet, but I used a lens cleaner towelette for the screen, worked fine to remove the keyboard imprint the screen picked up (noticeable when the screen is off/black).

EpidemikE1

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Haven't needed to clean the body yet, but I used a lens cleaner towelette for the screen, worked fine to remove the keyboard imprint the screen picked up (noticeable when the screen is off/black).

Fixed this by putting a matte clear skin on the body only. Works very, very well and adds scratch protection.

Guzzler3

May 4, 2012
Visit site
A 50/50 mix of distilled water and 90% isopropyl alcohol (from drug store) and a microfiber cloth will clean things up nicely. If you don't feel like making it, get some eyeglass cleaner instead (it's the same thing but in a nice spray bottle).

prlundberg

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
I've just used a partially damp paper towel. Not perfect, but considering how greasy it gets within 10 seconds of use it's just fine.

Greywolf1967

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
I have a microfiber cloth for screen, works well.

The body I use a microfiber cloth also, but I use a lemon dish soap in warm water. squeeze the cloth so it's only damp.

I make sure the power is off and I let it sit 5 min to be safe.

kristalsoldier

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
I have a microfiber cloth for screen, works well.

The body I use a microfiber cloth also, but I use a lemon dish soap in warm water. squeeze the cloth so it's only damp.

I make sure the power is off and I let it sit 5 min to be safe.

And what about the keyboard - specifically, the areas where the bottom of your palm rubs against the surface of the KB?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers