Google Chrome?

Addinsx

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Been seeing on some video reviews of the service a tile that looks like google chrome with an 8 in the middle. Any idea what it is or how to get it?

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
There is a Google search app whose tile displays as G. I wouldn't hold my breath though for Chrome for RT. They could do it easily as Metro/Modern app but have been insistent that they want access to the desktop as well (to the point of threatening litigation). Their little trained pets at Mozilla have insisted the same. Microsoft has made it clear they will not give access to the desktop APIs to anyone. It is two separate paths for Windows 8 and Start Screen only for RT.

FinsUpDNC

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
Why won't they give them access to the desktop? I see no harm in allowing them to do this.

because when everyone's RT machine stops working, they will blame msoft. limited hardware that is intended to run the metro style apps for a reason.

NickA

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
because when everyone's RT machine stops working, they will blame msoft. limited hardware that is intended to run the metro style apps for a reason.

^^ This. Make fun of Apple and their walled garden but I like how iOS apps behave properly. I want my RT apps doing the same thing. No need for Chrome to access the desktop.

xFalk

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I recently left a job where we were forced to use Chrome, Google Apps and a corporate Gmail account as our default desktop stuff. HATED every minute of it. Changed jobs in part because of that.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre