Why Windows RT don't support calculator

Alex Goho

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I have just been Surface tablet. But I don't understand why Microsoft don't support calculator.
I think it is import. We need calculate anything!!!

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
It's there, but in desktop mode. Just use the search charm and look for 'calc' and you'll get it.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
What I do is I open the "new Start menu" and start typing "calc" and hit enter. The process of opening the calculator takes me about 1 second :p

Squadromeo

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
Or download a calculator from the store, there are plenty different calculators available. Some of them are sized so they fit exactly in the small part of the dual-screen mode.

cedarlog

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
not sure if its available on windows RT
from your metro screen try to bring the bottom menu then all apps you should find calculator

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
not sure if its available on windows RT
from your metro screen try to bring the bottom menu then all apps you should find calculator

Its there. It can even be pinned to the start screen, even though it'll open in desktop mode.

VidJuhEffex

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I downloaded Calculator[SUP]2[/SUP], its nice and all, metro design, snapview fit, but I see why MS didn't make calculator or notepad RT apps. The splash screen! Every app, no matter how stupid or inconsequential takes time to open. Calculator should be instantaneous, notepad as well. I don't believe it really takes that long to open which leads me to believe there is a minimum splash screen duration...

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
there is at the very least a transition (the "spin into view effect") but I suspect one you load it it is so light on resources you dont have to worry about it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven