Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1.    #1  
    Good news boys and girls. Plex is now available in the Windows Store. It seems to work great but, if you are like me, you will need to update to the latest version of Plex Media server for it to work. It is $2.99 but I think it is worth it to have the ability to watch any of your media content without having to move it to the device.
    Last edited by rebornempowered; 12-05-2012 at 10:09 AM.
    Thanked by:
    kashk5 

Global Posts
    482 Global Posts
    I can't believe this is out already for RT! It's a good sign when we are getting some well known and quality apps so soon! at this pace in 3 to 6 months we aren't going to be missing any apps that others have!.....common xbmc! haha

Global Posts
    247 Global Posts
    I installed this this morning.. im a huge plex user.

Seems to have more buffering than it does on my 8x. There is about a 4 sec load time on my 8x and then it never buffers throughout the movie. The RT app had to rebuffer multiple times.
    Hopefully it gets ironed out over the next few days.

Very excited to see it here already!

Global Posts
    2,567 Global Posts
    so I'm interested in buying this, but does the client require a Plex server or can it enumerate media server content and whatnot? I have a Hipserv and they seem uninterested in making a client for Windows 8.

Global Posts
    482 Global Posts
    Ended up grabbing the app and setting up plex and have to say I am really impressed with the app already! I need a better WiFi setup and it still handles streaming better than any other program. For $3.00 which is $2 cheaper right now than the app for iPhone/iPad, this is an amazing deal!