Plex Now Available for Windows RT

rebornempowered

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
Good news boys and girls. Plex is now available in the Windows Store. It seems to work great but, if you are like me, you will need to update to the latest version of Plex Media server for it to work. It is $2.99 but I think it is worth it to have the ability to watch any of your media content without having to move it to the device.

Last edited:

shn'g

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
I can't believe this is out already for RT! It's a good sign when we are getting some well known and quality apps so soon! at this pace in 3 to 6 months we aren't going to be missing any apps that others have!.....common xbmc! haha

lucas.scott

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
I installed this this morning.. im a huge plex user.

Seems to have more buffering than it does on my 8x. There is about a 4 sec load time on my 8x and then it never buffers throughout the movie. The RT app had to rebuffer multiple times.
Hopefully it gets ironed out over the next few days.

Very excited to see it here already!

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
so I'm interested in buying this, but does the client require a Plex server or can it enumerate media server content and whatnot? I have a Hipserv and they seem uninterested in making a client for Windows 8.

shn'g

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
Ended up grabbing the app and setting up plex and have to say I am really impressed with the app already! I need a better WiFi setup and it still handles streaming better than any other program. For $3.00 which is $2 cheaper right now than the app for iPhone/iPad, this is an amazing deal!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3