Surface in TV and movies

power5

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Was watching last week's Elementary. Modern take on Sherlock Holmes. I quite like the show. Lucy Liu is Joan Watson. Johnny Lee Miller is Sherlock and Aidan Quinn is the cop. Anyway ep09 has a scene with Sherlock sitting on the toilet thinking about his case. He picks up his surface and clicks the keyboard on with a loud "click". Flips out the kickstand ad places it on his lap. Types away on metro IE and pulls up some sex offender database.

Anyone else seeing any new windows 8 devices in TV and movies? I have seen very many windows logos on the back of monitors in many shows for a while now. I always think, "I want a monitor with a windows logo." I do not think I have seen a WP8 device yet.

Ahh typical movie prop mistake. Now in the police station he is using a silver laptop.

Mystictrust

May 26, 2011
Visit site
One of the subplots of an entire Suburgatory episode revolved around this redheaded girl who fell in love with her Surface and didn't want to do anything with anyone, instead just playing with the Surface every waking moment. They never once called it a Surface though, it was always referred to as a "tablet", but the Windows logo on the back was quite obvious. There were a few sly references to features in there, and maybe even accessories. lol, pretty much the only reason I watched this show is to see what would happen with the Surface :p Well, that and I found the redhead attractive ;)

Guzzler3

May 4, 2012
Visit site
"Two and a Half Men" regularly shows Walden (Ashton Kutcher) with a Surface. You can tell when he flips out the kickstand :)

power5

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
One of the subplots of an entire Suburgatory episode revolved around this redheaded girl who fell in love with her Surface and didn't want to do anything with anyone, instead just playing with the Surface every waking moment. They never once called it a Surface though, it was always referred to as a "tablet", but the Windows logo on the back was quite obvious. There were a few sly references to features in there, and maybe even accessories. lol, pretty much the only reason I watched this show is to see what would happen with the Surface :p Well, that and I found the redhead attractive ;)

Never watched suburgatory, but techy redheads are a must watch for sure. Any idea of the episode number?

power5

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
What is so forced about the Elementary Surface placement? That is a real life situation that it would be used in at least.

The NCIS one is worse. How is he hacking into the power grid and stuff with a surface? You cannot install anything on a surface that is not an app. Then again, I would assume if he is a "hacker" that he could get a program written for ARM onto his surface.

Mystictrust

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Never watched suburgatory, but techy redheads are a must watch for sure. Any idea of the episode number?
Haha. Friendship Fish Season 2, Episode 6. The TV Guide player never works for me, but it should also be on ABC if you want to peruse. Funny, the episode description doesn't say a thing about her being obsessed with her "tablet" but oh well. It's the only episode I've watched, so the description fits what I saw :p

http://abc.go.com/watch/suburgatory/SH55126593/VD55251801/friendship-fish (Around 1:40 starts her talking about the relationship with her "tablet")

power5

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Just spotted a surface in "Burn Notice". Love how the surface can run all these programs that I really doubt are in the app store. :) Also the client had a white 900 I think. 2 episodes.

Last edited:

power5

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Arrow had a samsung surface in the hands of the IT chick. She was using it standard ways. No hackerish programs or anything impossible running on it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradhism