Windows RT Conundrum

erasure25

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I use mine more everyday. App gap shrinks everyday. Only need a good official twitter and fb client and I'm settled.
Not sure that we need official twitter or fb clients. I pinned the fb tile and it works fine (the tile even has the fb logo so it looks like an app and not just a random webpage tile). For twitter, if we look at the WP8 ecosystem, there would probably be so many other clients that are more advanced than any official app.

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Official twitter app is coming, Ballmer recently announced it. Official Facebook would be nice but honestly I've not seen an app version of their site that is any good. Ios and android are pretty rubbish.

nasellok

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
What is this VMware view client that you are sideloading, is there a site that explains what / how to use it - is it in the store? I use RDP for my home computer, but my office wont allow me, and we don't have a Cisco Anyconnect app yet, so all I can use is Teamviewer (which is kinda slow). I am looking for an alternative on my office machine.

Got the VMware view client installed and it is money. Now have the full functionality of my remote windows 7 desktop and access to all my work apps when i need it. But have the benefit of a light weight tablet with 10 hours of battery life. Plus the touch cover and mouse and easy vga out for hooking up to a projector. The Surface with this configuration blows away the iPad i had, no comparison on functionality.

Dewg

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
VMware View is VMware's version of virtual desktop implementations. Essentially a server farm is running virtual instances of Windows clients, and the actual hardware you use at your desktop becomes trivial - as long as it has a network card, video card, keyboard, mouse, and monitor - it can likely run the VMware View client and connect to your desktop. Many firms use thin-client hardware to connect to it.

gpstrucker

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
I rarely touch my iPad or Android tablets since I bought the Surface. It nicely meets my needs for every day use. Once in a while I will fire up the laptop (running Win 8 Pro) for a task which I can't quite do on the Surface but I find that doesn't even happen often these days.

But then, the bulk of what I need to do is email, web browser, watching movies, and printing out work related documents. All of that is easily done from the Surface. I don't think the Surface RT was ever meant to be a laptop replacement, just a much better mobile device, and it does that very well.

I personally find the Surface to be perfect for what it was designed to be.

anon(5344685)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I rarely touch my iPad or Android tablets since I bought the Surface. It nicely meets my needs for every day use. Once in a while I will fire up the laptop (running Win 8 Pro) for a task which I can't quite do on the Surface but I find that doesn't even happen often these days.

But then, the bulk of what I need to do is email, web browser, watching movies, and printing out work related documents. All of that is easily done from the Surface. I don't think the Surface RT was ever meant to be a laptop replacement, just a much better mobile device, and it does that very well.

I personally find the Surface to be perfect for what it was designed to be.

That's exactly what I do! However I will test Surface PRO when it's out and if it's still not to heavy I'll sell my RT and get it.

mutant 9

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
It is now available in the store no need to side load. If your company uses VDI's it will allow you to access a fully functional virtual x86 machine...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234